Connect with Us
We want to hear from you!
Follow the City of Surrey on social media and subscribe to our various newsletters.
Museum of Surrey
Surrey Art Gallery
Surrey Civic Theatres
- Facebook: @HeritageSurrey
- X (formerly Twitter): @SurreyTraffic
Other ways to contact us
Find a specific team or department.
Our social media administrators reserve the right to delete the following types of comments or messages:
- Posts, comments or messages that are hateful, offensive, discriminatory, violent, sexual, or comments that contain personal attacks, encourage or incite hatred or violence or reasonably compromise public safety
- Messages that are illegal or encourage illegal activities, including defamation, fraud, breaching privacy, copyright or intellectual property rights.
- Posts, comments or messages that contain threatening, abusive, discriminatory or obscene material
- Posts, comments or messages that duplicate, store or transmit copyrighted material
- Repetitive comments or posts not topically related to COS content posts
- Posts, comments or messages that lobby for political purposes
- Posts, comments or messages material that is likely to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Posts, comments or messages that advertises or solicits on behalf of businesses or not-for-profit organizations
- Posts, comments or messages that falsely claim to represent a person or organization or posted by someone using more than account
Responding to comments
We monitor our channels Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm to support resident inquiries.
We make every effort to answer inquiries within 24 hours. We will connect residents with the right department if we cannot answer within a timely manner.
Comments that violate the rules above may be hidden or removed where the social media platform allows.
Please consider the following:
- The City's liking, following, retweeting, messaging, or sharing of content should not be interpreted as any kind of endorsement.
- The City does not guarantee a response to every question or comment received.
- The City is not responsible for any personal information or other information posted on public social media channels. All personal information on public social media channels is considered a record available to the general public.
Protecting the privacy of others
Please protect other's privacy. Do not post any personal information of other's including:
- Identifying particulars, such as a picture of someone's face
- Name, email address, phone number, or address
- Criminal, health, employment, or financial history
- Identifying numbers
Personal information posted on the City of Surrey's social media channels are collected for the purposes of engaging and consulting with the public on matters directly related to City programs and initiatives. The City is authorized to collect personal information under s. 26(c) and (e) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Please be aware that any information posted on social media channels are stored and accessed outside of Canada on servers that do not belong to the City of Surrey. For questions about the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information, please contact the Manager of Marketing and Communications, 13450 104 Ave, Surrey, BC V3T 1V8, 604-591-4011.