Development and Construction Remain Strong in Surrey
More than $692 million in development projects were given approval to proceed by City Council.
Surrey, BC – More than $692 million in development projects were given approval to proceed by Surrey City Council at last night’s Regular Council – Land Use Meeting. The projects that were brought forward range from high rise residential towers, rental apartments, townhouses to industrial warehouses.
“With close to $700 million in building projects before Council last night, it’s clear that there is no shortage of confidence in developing and building in Surrey,” said Mayor Doug McCallum. “Surrey City Council has made it a priority to make sure that planning for our growing city does not halt during COVID-19. Several of the projects given approval to proceed are along the corridor of the new Surrey Langley Skytrain extension and they align with Council’s Smart Development strategy that calls for new development to coincide with the construction of transit, schools and other amenities.”
Development projects given approval to proceed include the following:
- 6-storey apartment building and 162 townhouses (Application number: 7919-0109-00)
- 2 high rise residential towers and a mid-rise rental building (Application number: 7919-0223-00)
- 6-storey apartment building and 55 townhouses (Application number: 7915-0393-00)
- 3-storey rental apartment building and 4-storey rental apartment building containing a combined 104 units (Application number: 19-0168)
- 4-storey rental apartment building containing 156 units (Application number: 19-0118)
Office of the Mayor
City of Surrey