Darts Hill Garden Park
Discover rare plants, shrubs and trees during seasonal openings at Darts Hill Garden Park.
Darts Hill Garden Park is a feature garden in South Surrey with many species of plants from all over the world. Francisca and Edwin Darts gifted the garden to the residents of Surrey in 1994. They wanted to ensure everyone could enjoy their garden and learn more about plants in Surrey.
The park features 7.5 acres of historic gardens and facilities with an additional 7 acres to explore. In the future, we will add educational facilities and expand the gardens to 21.5 acres total.
Hours of operation
- The garden will reopen April 5, 2024.
- Public opening times are Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 10am to 4pm
For year round access to Darts Hill Garden Park become a member!
1633 - 170 Street
Explore the garden at your own pace. Open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 10am to 4pm, April 5 to September 29, 2024.
- Admission is by donation. Suggested donation is $5.
- Entry is free for Garden Members and children 12 and under.
- Cash or Visa is accepted at the welcome table.
- Funds collected support the work of the Darts Hill Garden Conservancy Trust Society to preserve and enhance the garden.
Park usage guidelines
- Private events (including corporate events), staged photography and weddings are not permitted in the garden. See recommended parks for private events.
- No bicycles or sporting equipment allowed.
- No pets – only service animals, suitably identified, are permitted in the garden.
- Pack your garbage out when you leave.
Limited wheelchair access.
Pathways are gravel with slight to steeper inclines.
The main pathways are suitable for users of walkers. However, stamina is required due to distances.
See more detailed visitor information including garden maps and event listings.
Darts Hill Garden Conservancy Trust Society
The garden is operated by the City of Surrey under the guidance of the Darts Hill Garden Conservancy Trust Society, who seek to continue the development of the garden and to extend opportunities to the public to enjoy the garden.
Darts Hill Garden Park Endowment
The Darts Hill Garden Park Endowment provides funds to build upon Francisca Darts’ vision for the garden.
See how you can contribute to the Darts Hill Garden Park Endowment.
The Story of Darts Hill
Created by Francisca Darts with the dedicated support of her husband Edwin, Darts Hill Garden Park is a showcase of 70 years of devotion, hard work, and pure love of horticulture.
Out of a logged parcel of land, Francisca and Edwin cleared and transformed their property initially into an award-winning orchard. As Francisca became more involved with local gardening clubs, so did her enthusiasm for rare and unusual plants from around the world.
"You don't want an instant garden, you want to live with your plants, see them grow up. I recommend that!" Francisca Darts, 2013
Gradually, they transformed their garden again, creating a collection garden—a plantsman’s garden. Wishing to see their garden continue to grow, inspire and teach new generations of gardeners, the Darts gifted their 7.5-acre garden to the City of Surrey in 1994.