Before and After School Care
Learn about before and after school care for your child.
Learn about the City of Surrey's Licensed Before and After School Care program and register your child aged 5 to 13. Guided by experienced and passionate leaders, the program is designed to keep children safe and engaged in a variety of activities while learning and growing to their full potential. View our Before and After School Parent Handbook.
“Alongside great neighbourhood friends, my kids are guided by truly inspiring teachers." - Megan G.
We are committed to keeping children safe at our before and after school care programs during COVID-19. Review City of Surrey's Before and After School Program Safety Guidelines and FAQs.
Registration is Now Open for the 2021-2022 School Year
|Clayton Hall (for Clayton Elementary)||Cloverdale|
|Don Christian Rec Centre (for Don Christian Elementary)||Cloverdale|
Maddaugh Elementary School - NEW!
|Martha Currie School||
|Cloverdale Ballpark (for George Greenaway Elementary)||Cloverdale|
|Woodward Hill School||Newton|
|Boundary Park School||Newton|
Dr. F.D. Sinclair School
|Strawberry Hill Hall (for Strawberry Hill Elementary)||Newton|
|Edgewood School||South Surrey|
|A.H.P. Matthew School||Whalley|
|Cedar Hills School||Whalley|
|David Brankin School||Whalley|
- Before School: 7am to first bell
- After School: from dismissal to 6pm
After School Care start times adjust on school early dismissal days. Program is not offered on SD36 Non-Instructional Days or school holiday closures.
- Before School Care is $8.70 per day, beginning September 2021
- After School Care is $19.80 per day, beginning September 2021
- As a licensed program, parents may apply for the Affordable Child Care Benefit to help reduce costs.
- Non-Equalized monthly payment plans available. Funds deducted on the first of each month.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Automatic Debit Withdrawal.
How to Register
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, contactless registration methods will be utilized for the 2021-2022 school year. For everyone’s safety, in person registration will not be available.
New families may register by telephone at the following locations:
- Cloverdale Locations: 604-502-6384
- Newton Locations: 604-591-4795
- South Surrey Location: 604-592-2605
- Whalley Locations: 604-502-6344
Note: See table above to confirm which community your location is in. For more information, read our Before and After School Program Brochure.
- Child(ren) must be registered and attending the school for which the program is being offered. Registration at more than one site is not permitted and may result in the cancellation of your registration.
- Families may choose up to five days per week of Before and/or After school care during the school year. Days are non-transferable and the chosen day(s) will be scheduled and charged for the duration of the program. (i.e. if your child is registered for Mondays and Wednesdays, registration will be scheduled for every Monday and Wednesday throughout the school year).
- Refunds are not given if your child does not attend the program. The Before and After School Care program cannot accommodate drop in, flexible care or weekly changes.