Before and After School Care
Learn about before and after school care for your child.
Learn about the City of Surrey's Licensed Before and After School Care program and register your child aged 5 to 13. Guided by experienced and passionate leaders, the program is designed to keep children safe and engaged in a variety of activities while learning and growing to their full potential.
Before and After School Parent Handbook
Registration for 2023/2024 is now open
View the Before and After School Care Brochure for more info.
How to Register
All 2023-2024 registrations will be done on-line via a survey or over the phone. No in-person registration is available.
Note: Please call the below number that corresponds with your child’s school or community
|Location & Registration Phone Number||Community|
Cloverdale Ballpark/George Greenaway
Martha Currie Elementary
Boundary Park Elementary
Ecole Woodward Hill Elementary
David Brankin Elementary
“Both of my children have been attending Before and After School Care since they were in kindergarten. The hours of operation are extremely flexible, and the program is vital for families that have two working parents and no other childcare options. My family and I are extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to partake in such an exceptional program.” - Jason P.
- Before School: 7am to first bell
- After School: from dismissal to 6pm
After School Care start times adjust on school early dismissal days. Program is not offered on SD36 Non-Instructional Days or school holiday closures.
Before School Care $8.80 per day, beginning September 2023
After School Care $20.10 per day, beginning September 2023
- As a licensed program, parents may apply for the Affordable Child Care Benefit to help reduce costs.
- Non-Equalized monthly payment plans available. Funds deducted on the first of each month.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Automatic Debit Withdrawal.
- Child(ren) must be registered and attending the school for which the program is being offered. Registration at more than one site is not permitted and may result in the cancellation of your registration.
- Families may choose up to five days per week of Before and/or After school care during the school year. Days are non-transferable and the chosen day(s) will be scheduled and charged for the duration of the program. (i.e. if your child is registered for Mondays and Wednesdays, registration will be scheduled for every Monday and Wednesday throughout the school year).
- Refunds are not given if your child does not attend the program. The Before and After School Care program cannot accommodate drop in, flexible care or weekly changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can my child go to more that one location?
Is there a price break if I register both my kids together?
No. The price is per child.
What activities will my child be doing?
Children will enjoy crafts, board games, active play, time to do homework, read and have snacks.
What important skills do children learn?
Children learn social and emotional learning within a responsive curriculum based on the child's interest.
Are leaders certified?
All leaders are certified in both first aid and High Five which is Canada's quality standard for children's recreation and sport, built on the principles of healthy child development.