Workforce Management Solution
Revised December 4, 2023
Manager, Procurement Services
Tel: (604) 590-7274
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The scope of services for implementation of the Solution includes the following:
Requirements Review and Discovery Assessment
• Operational-based scheduling, time entry, exception-based scheduling, analysis, planning and preparation.
• Review the requirements gathered and conduct a needs/discovery assessment to understand the scheduling, time entry, leave management and job costing requirements and challenges.
• Engage with key stakeholders, including program managers, supervisors, and staff, to review requirements and capture their input on the Solution.
Solution Design and Configuration
• Design and configure a comprehensive Solution that incorporates the specific requirements of the City’s operational-based scheduling and exception-based scheduling groups.
• Develop operational-based scheduling and exception-based scheduling algorithms and rules that optimize resource allocation and minimize conflicts.
• Ensure that the Solution design/configuration will be able to support the City’s initial Phase 1 operational-based scheduling and exception-based scheduling groups as well as the functional requirements of the remaining Phase 2 business units.
Proponent and City Project Management
• The proponent is expected to provide a dedicated project manager for the duration of the implementation.
• This role will work alongside the City's Portfolio Lead and/or Sr. Project or Program Manager to ensure project alignment, facilitate communication, and manage deliverables and timelines.
Environments for Project Support
• Collaborate with the City to identify and deploy the necessary environments required to support project delivery and operational continuity after the initial deployment, which may include but not limited to Development, Test, Stage, User Acceptance Testing, and Training.
System Implementation and Testing
• Install and configure the Solution infrastructure if/as required.
• Develop, configure and deploy the necessary software components and modules.
• Develop a Test Strategy, Test Plan including test cases and scenarios and conduct comprehensive testing to ensure the Solution meets all functional, security, integration, load and performance requirements.
• Address any product defects, bugs or issues identified during the testing phases.
Training and Change Management
• Develop Training Strategy, Training Plan, materials, and conduct training sessions to cover all Users including but not limited to system administrators, technical support, schedulers, train the trainer, end-users, including Program managers, supervisors, and staff.
• Provide ongoing support and guidance during the transition to the new Solution.
• Develop change management strategies and plan, in collaboration with the City, to ensure a smooth transition and User adoption of the new system.
Ongoing Sustainment and Support Collaboration
• Work collaboratively and support the City in establishing an ongoing sustainment and support team.
• Advise the City in best practices to develop a sustainment and support strategy that aligns with the City’s operational objectives and technology roadmap.
• Assist the City with defining roles and responsibilities across the organization for the ongoing sustainment and support of the implemented Solution.
• Assist with identifying upskilling, training, and skill gap requirements for City staff to effectively manage and maintain the platform.
• Ensure a full and complete knowledge transfer to the City’s IT and business teams, empowering them to sustain and optimize the platform post-implementation.
An information meeting will be hosted by the City Representative to discuss the City’s requirements under this RFP (the “Information Meeting”). While attendance is at the discretion of Proponents, Proponents who do not attend will be deemed to have attended the Information Meeting and to have received all of the information given at the Information Meeting. At the time of issuance of this RFP a meeting has been scheduled as follows:
When: October 17, 2023
Where: Video/Phone Conference – Microsoft Teams Meeting
Time: 2:00 pm PST
Proponents interested in participating in this Information Meeting should email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org before October 16th.
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFP, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (collectively, the “Websites”), and upon posting, any addenda will form part of this RFP. It is the responsibility of Proponents to check the Websites for addenda. The only way this RFP may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFP or may be relied upon by any Proponent. By delivery of a Proposal the Proponent is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFP, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this RFP should be directed in writing to email@example.com