City Hall Tours
Discover how your city works with a tour of City Hall.
Our staff & volunteers lead schools, community organizations, and other groups through City Hall. Participants will:
- Gain an overview of the City of Surrey operations and history of our halls.
- Explore exciting locations within City Hall, such as, the Council Chambers, the performing arts stage, and the Traffic Management Centre.
- Learn about interesting building features.
- Learn about some of the programs and services that the City has to offer.
Tour itineraries and content are tailored to:
- Elementary school students
- High school students
Tours are offered weekly and are booked on a first-come-first-serve basis. Bookings fill up quickly so we suggest submitting requests 2–3 months in advance. Use the form below to request your next tour booking!
- Tour duration is around 1.5 hours.
- Tour bookings are available on weekdays at 10:00am or 12:30pm.
- The maximum group size is 24 participants plus chaperones.
School Group Tours
Introduce your students to local government and give them the opportunity to experience firsthand what happens at City Hall. During this program, students are led through a tour of City Hall to see where some of Surrey’s important decisions are made, as well as participate in activities to learn about the role and responsibilities of local government.
City Hall tours are offered to all grades and can be tailored for special interests.
School groups require 1:15 adult/student ratio. The tour will visit active areas of City Hall, so students need to be prepared to be respectful of staff and patrons who are working and conducting business.
Surrey Traffic Management Centre
The Traffic Management Centre is a hub where smart, artificial intelligence-based technology is used to make transportation in our City safer and more accessible. It is the most advanced municipal center of its kind in B.C.
A team of engineers and technologists offer a free interactive workshop where students get to experience firsthand what a career in science, technology, engineering or math could look like, particularly in the field of transportation. Students will also be given the opportunity to ask staff career planning questions.
This tour is best suited for secondary students (grades 10–12) and students at a post-secondary level. The tour is around 2 hours long and can be scheduled alone or alongside a City Hall tour.
Contact CityHallTours@surrey.ca or call 604-502-6325 for more information about our tours or use the form below to book your tour.