Surrey Municipal Election
See how the City elects its Mayor, Councillors and School Trustees.
The administration of local elections is a shared responsibility between local governments and Elections BC. The provincial government is responsible for maintaining the core local elections legislative framework, including the Local Government Act and the Local Elections Campaign Financing Act.
The City of Surrey is bound by these two acts for the municipal election to provide a legal foundation for local governments to represent the needs of their communities.
Past Election Results
Please find Election Summary Reports for the elections below:
- 2022 Election Summary Report
- 2018 Election Summary Report
- 2014 Election Summary Report
- 2011 Election Summary Report
- 2008 Election Summary Report
- 2005 Election Summary Report
- 2002 Election Summary Report
Campaign Disclosure Documents
In compliance with the Local Elections Campaign Financing Act, candidates are required to submit their financial disclosure documents to Elections BC for verification and publication.
The disclosures of the Candidates for the Council of the City of Surrey and the Surrey School District can be viewed under the Financial Reports and Political Contributions System of the Elections BC website.
- Elections BC
- Civic Info BC
- Government of BC Local Government Division
- Disclosure Statement Forms for Candidates and for Elector Organizations
For more information about the Surrey Municipal Election, contact the City Clerk's office at 604-591-4132 or email@example.com.