Mayor Brenda Locke
Mayor Brenda Locke was elected to her first term as Mayor of Surrey on October 15, 2022. Take a look at Mayor Locke's priorities for the city and learn about some of her past service.
Surrey is part of my family.
For 39 years, my husband and I, along with our kids and now our grandkids, have enjoyed all that Surrey has to offer, from its parks and sports fields, to recreational facilities and arts and cultural opportunities. I shop local because I know and support my neighbours and their businesses.
My advocacy for the people of Surrey is sincere and comes from strong and far-reaching roots. I have volunteered in many capacities over the decades including with the Surrey Urban Mission, an organization that works to assist those in need.
Connect with the Mayor
Contact the Mayor's Office
13450 104 Avenue
Surrey, BC V3T 1V8
Office phone: 604-591-4126
Invite the Mayor to your event
Use our request form to invite the Mayor and Council to attend your event.
Request a Proclamation or Greeting Letter
Request a proclamation by the Mayor for official announcements that promote events, causes, and individuals celebrated by the people and community groups of Surrey.
Request a greeting letter from the Mayor for an anniversary over 50 years or a birthday over 75 years.
More News & Updates
- Surrey Homelessness & Housing Society Launches 2023 Grant Program - Sept. 14, 2023
- Surrey Fusion Festival Wins 2023 Esprit Award for Best Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiative - Sept. 14, 2023
- Surrey Tree Lighting Festival & Holiday Market Extends to Two Days in 2023 - Sept. 13, 2023
- Draft accessibility action plan aims to make interacting with the City of Surrey barrier-free - Sept. 5, 2023
- Staying Cool During Extreme Heat - Aug. 4, 2023
- Surrey Council approves $14.5M contract for Cloverdale Sport & Ice Complex - Aug. 2, 2023
- Online Trees Sales Happening August 23 and September 27 - Aug. 1, 2023
- Surrey Council Approves Contract for 132 Street Road Widening - July 28, 2023
- Surrey Council Approves New Climate Change Action Strategy - July 27, 2023
- Surrey Council Approves Contract to Build New Strawberry Hill Community Hall - July 25, 2023
- Surrey Bylaw & RCMP Bike Patrol Program Launches - July 13, 2023
- Surrey Animal Resource Centre Has a Fresh New Online Look - July 13, 2023
- Surrey Council Receives First RCMP Restaffing Update - July 11, 2023
- Surrey Mayor announces new Mayor’s Working Group on Public Safety - July 6, 2023
- City Asks Surrey Residents to Provide Feedback on Draft Clayton Corridor Plan - July 6, 2023
- Surrey Canada Day 2023 Draws Over 70,000 Attendees at Bill Reid Millennium Amphitheatre - July 4, 2023
- Made-In-Surrey Smoke Alarm Program Saving Lives and Effectively Reducing Residential Fires - June 28, 2023
- Surrey Council Approves Contract to Replace Synthetic Turf Field at Tom Binnie Park - June 20, 2023
- City of Surrey Raises Pride Flag in Honour of Pride Month - June 20, 2023
- Community Celebration Marks Opening of the New Indigenous Learning House at Elgin Heritage Park - June 16, 2023
- 152 Street Road Upgrades Project Breaks Ground - June 13, 2023
- City of Surrey Launches Focus Newton Engagement to Enhance and Beautify the Community - June 13, 2023
- Surrey Council Identifies Priorities Ahead of Next Provincial Budget - June 9, 2023
- Surrey and Partners Plant ‘Living Dyke’ on Mud Bay Shoreline, June 7, 2023
- Surrey Council Approves Design Contract for Third Sheet of Ice in Cloverdale Sport & Ice Complex - June 6, 2023
- City Council Helping to Bring Team Ukraine to the Canada Cup in Surrey - June 6, 2023
- Surrey’s National Indigenous Peoples Day Celebration Returns on June 21 to a New Location - June 5, 2023
- Surrey Seeking Proposals for Indoor Practice Facility at Cloverdale Athletic Park - May 19, 2023
- Another step forward for Cloverdale Sport & Ice Complex - May 18, 2023
- Surrey Council Declares a School Infrastructure ‘Crisis’ - May 16, 2023
Mayor's StatementsSee All News
- Surrey Taxpayers Face Big Property Tax Hike if SPS Transition Continues - January 6, 2023