See how the City of Surrey is working towards digital accessibility.
City of Surrey is working on making our websites more accessible for all Surrey residents, following the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
So far, we've made several improvements to assist users with accessibility needs:
- Providing alternative text for all images.
- Checking that our graphics and text have accessible colour contrast.
- Offering Google Translate.
- Striving to include closed captioning in our videos.
- Editing content to ensure it's in plain language.
- Working with staff members across all City departments to create web content that is accessible by screen readers.
Surrey Libraries Assistive Technologies
Surrey Libraries also offers many assistive technologies to help residents access our websites, including:
- JAWS Screen Reading Software
- Kensington Expert Mouse
- DRAGON Naturally Speaking
- MAGic Screen Magnification Software
- Kurzweil 3000 Optical Character (OCR) Software
For more information on website accessibility, email email@example.com.