Greenways Master Plan
Review the Greenways Master Plan to discover almost 90 km of Surrey greenways and the plan for more.
Greenways are multi-use pathways for pedestrians, cyclists and other non-motorized users. Greenways provide Surrey residents with an opportunity to walk or cycle to destinations within their community and throughout Surrey.
They promote active living and encourage the transition to more sustainable methods of transportation. Surrey's greenways knit together the green fabric of parks in the City, and provide physical connections throughout the community.
The Greenways Plan in Surrey is integrated with the City of Surrey's Walking Plan and Cycling Plans. It establishes a number of key principles and strategic objectives that will guide the continuing evolution of Surrey’s Greenways.
The Greenways Plan:
- Provides a framework for the greenway implementation process.
- Establishes general policies for greenway routing and design.
- Indicates the general layout of the greenway network.
- Encourages the integration of greenway planning with land-use planning.
- Establishes actions for change that influence operational decision-making in multiple departments.
Contact us at PRCCustomerService@surrey.ca if you have any questions about Surrey's Greenways.