Building Records Search
Request a building records search online or in person and learn the fees for the research services.
Use the Building Records Search to find:
- A copy of your survey certificate (to show property lines)
- Copy of a Building Permit (includes issuance date)
- Final occupancy information
- Square footage of a building
- Copy of survey certificate
- Inspection notes
Request a Building Records Search online or in person
Please note there is a non-refundable search fee for all building records searches.
You can request a Building Records Search in 2 ways:
- Complete our Online Building Records Search and proceed to a secure checkout using either VISA, MasterCard or American Express.
- Visit us in Person at the Building Counter at City Hall. Here, you can pay by cash, credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express) or debit.
Note: Telephone requests will no longer be accepted.
Research Services and Fees
|Research Service||Service Fee (includes GST)|
|Copy of Building Permit(s) (includes issuance date)||$22.00|
|Copy of Plumbing Permit(s)||$22.00|
|Copy of Electrical Permit(s)||$22.00|
|Copy of Tree Permit(s)||$22.00|
|Square Footage of Building||$22.00|
|Final Occupancy Date||$22.00|
|Copy of Survey Certificate||$22.00|
|Oil/Gas/Septic Tank Information||$22.00|
Copy of Building Inspection Notes
Note: Prior to requesting research related to Building Inspection Notes you may wish to order a Final Occupancy Date, which comes before Building Inspection Notes.
|Copy of Plumbing Inspection Notes||$22.00|
|Copy of Electrical Inspection Notes||$22.00|
|Copy of Tree Inspection Notes||$22.00|
It will take an average of 1 business day for City of Surrey staff to research and deliver any information found. You can choose to receive information via email, fax, regular mail, or pick up from the Planning and Development Department reception desk at City Hall between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Learn about additional Building & Construction Online Services that are available.