Geographic Information System (GIS)
Learn about what the Geographic Information System (GIS) team does at the City of Surrey.
Our team provides Geographic Information System (GIS) services to City staff and citizens.
Visit Maps & COSMOS to access our services and products.
What We Do
- Create and maintain 85% of corporate spatial data (property, infrastructure, etc.)
- Develop and maintain COSMOS, the City Of Surrey Mapping Online System
- Various custom applications (see Web Maps below)
Custom applications & web maps
Please see the web maps listed below to see some of our custom applications. All web maps are intuitive and easy to use. The City of Surrey develops web maps to provide more effective services and to reach out to the citizens in new ways.
- Bolivar Heights Community Association
- Doors Open
- Historical Image Viewer
- Low Cost Community Resources
- My Neighbourhood, My Future (MNMF)
- Traffic Cameras
- Transit Referendum
- Surrey Libraries
- Surrey Wi-Fi Locations
- Sustainability Dashboard
- Walking Routes
GIS Awards and Recognition
- 2019 ESRI Canada Map & App Calendars - January 2020: COSMOS
- 2019 ESRI Canada - Award for Innovation In the Field of GIS
- 2016 Open Data Summit - Open Data for Democracy Award & Open Data Excellence Award
- 2012 ESRI Canada - Award of Excellence
- 2008 ESRI - Special Achievement in GIS
- 2006 ESRI Canada - Award of Excellence for Enterprise GIS
- 2000 ESRI Canada - Award for Innovation In the Field of GIS
GIS Conference Presentations
- Embracing GIS, Enabling the City, 2019 ESRI Vancouver User Conference by Bill McKay, GIS Manager and Samantha Ward, Infrastructure Program Manager
Reach us at EngWebmail@surrey.ca or 604-591-4146 from Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.