We’re looking forward to your first day with us!
Connecting with Your Manager
Prior to your first day of work, your manager or supervisor will be in contact in regards to your first day of work. Make sure to confirm:
- The expected start time on your first day.
- Work location and where to report to upon arrival.
- Who you will be meeting when you arrive.
- Any additional instructions you may need for your first day at work.
The City is committed to improving transportation choices for all employees by ensuring you have access to a variety of alternative transportation options. Many of our facilities can be accessed by:
- Public Transit: Many of our facilities are accessible by transit. Plan your public transit trip with TransLink’s Trip Planner.
- Active Transportation: Bike storage, lockers and change rooms are available for employees at City Hall.
- Employee Parking: Staff parking is available at City locations, including carpool parking spaces.
For more information on the transportation options offered, email email@example.com.
Staff parking is currently available at all City facilities at no additional cost, except for the following locations. Paid parking is available at:
- City Hall
- North Surrey Recreation Centre
- City Centre Library
- Surrey Nature Centre
Parking for employees at all City facilities is subject to availability and other constraints that may arise over time. The City accepts no liability for staff personal vehicles parked on City property.
Please note: Due to limited availability, regular monthly vehicle parking at City Hall, Central City Library, and North Surrey Recreation Centre is currently subject to a waitlist.
For facilities that require paid parking, City of Surrey provides staff with the option of purchasing monthly, daily, or hourly parking at a designated rate.
Several privately owned parking lots located close to City Hall offer daily and monthly parking rates as well. See a map for more details and note that rates are subject to change without notice to the City.
Parking Registration and Waitlist Registration
If you require a monthly parking permit, you must register for an account. Please have the following information ready when you register for a paid parking account:
- Permit Code - 22522. This permit code will give you access to the employee parking rates.
- License plate number(s) of the vehicle(s)
- you would like to register for parking (Maximum 4), or
- you are registering as part of a carpool (Maximum 4).
- Payment information – Visa or MasterCard including billing address.
To request a position on the waitlist, email firstname.lastname@example.org once you have registered your vehicle(s) for a regular monthly vehicle parking permit. We will notify you when a space becomes available. Employees currently on the waitlist can purchase a permit at an overflow lot (located at 13583 104 Avenue, approximately 150m from City Hall) while maintaining their position on the waitlist.
Email email@example.com if you need assistance registering or managing your parking account.