What We Offer
Learn about the benefits of working at the City of Surrey.
The City’s Work From Home Practices allow staff the opportunity to work from home up to two days a week. This long-term program allows us to give our staff more flexibility in their work while ensuring our residents are receiving the service excellence from our staff.
City staff can enjoy additional flexibility in their work schedule through the City’s earned bank time program. Eligible staff can earn up to 10 days of time off per year to use as needed. This is in addition to the vacation time and statutory holidays staff may be eligible to receive.
We offer a number of benefits to City employees, which include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Extended health benefits including, physiotherapy, massage and other therapeutic treatments
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Travel insurance and life insurance
- Employee and family assistance program
- On-site gyms, fitness classes and discounted passes to Surrey recreation centres
- Subsidized transit passes
Training & Development
We offer a wide range of training opportunities to help staff achieve their full potential. These include:
- Organizational courses that focus on developing knowledge, skills and abilities within the City’s Great 8 Competencies.
- Personal development planning to help our employees explore growth opportunities in their own careers.
- Leadership programs to help develop future leaders within the City.
- Health and safety courses to ensure we have a safe and healthy workplace.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities to enhance our employees’ personal and professional growth.
Opportunities to Make a Difference
City of Surrey employees spend countless hours helping our community grow and prosper. We’re driven by our shared values of Community, Innovation, Integrity, Service and Teamwork to serve our citizens. Whether its through our day-to-day work or the charitable initiatives we support, our employees strive to make Surrey a great place to live, work, and raise a family.
- We contribute to charitable initiatives like our annual United Way Campaign, the Surrey Fire Fighter Association Toy Drive, the annual Big Bike event for Heart and Stroke, and the road hockey event in support of Raise the Roof’s national Toque Campaign.
- We’re building accessible facilities and providing sensory-friendly spaces to ensure everyone is welcome and included in our city.
We’re implementing green initiatives like our Surrey Energy program, Rethink Waste program and Salmon Habitat Restoration efforts to ensure we’re building a sustainable city for the future.