Why Work With Us
Join a collaborative team that’s driven by our shared purpose of providing service excellence to our residents.
Whether you’re starting out in your career or taking it to the next level, you’ll be able to drive your career forward while doing impactful work here at the City of Surrey. You’ll join a collaborative team that’s driven by our shared purpose of providing service excellence to our residents.
Are you ready to help us build a thriving, green, inclusive city?
Who We Are
A thriving, green, inclusive city
To serve our community to improve the lives of everyone.
Community, Innovation, Integrity, Service, Teamwork
How We’re Moving Surrey Forward
The meaningful work we do directly impacts the lives of more than 560,000 residents who call Surrey home. From planning the future growth of our city, to building and maintaining essential infrastructures, to ensuring the economic wellbeing of Surrey, the work we do ensures that we’re making Surrey a great place to live, work and play.
A few key projects to look out for in Surrey include:
- The SkyTrain expansion project along Fraser Highway to Langley
- The City’s Climate Change Action Strategy (“CCAS”) with strategic and quick start actions to meet our goals
- The City’s expanding online service offerings
- A City-wide Parkland strategy
- New and expanding City facilities to meet the needs of our growing city. These include a Newton Community Centre, the Chuck Bailey expansion project, and a Cloverdale Sports and Ice Complex.
We're Recognized for Excellence
Our organization is recognized for excellence. Awarded Waterstone Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures 2021-2022, Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2023, and Canada’s Greenest Employers for 2023.
We're Welcoming and Inclusive
Taking a lead role in the success of our diverse community not only demonstrates the City’s values, it is also a reflection of the people who work here. We are a caring and compassionate city that learns about and supports its residents of all backgrounds, demographics and life experiences.
Learn more about what we’re doing to ensure that all people feel welcome and included and how we’re building a strong and healthy community.