MYzone After School Drop-In Program
MYzone After School Drop-In Program is offering activities and resources for families to enjoy at home.
Virtual MYzone Activities and Resources
Although the MYzone After School Program is currently unavailable due to COVID-19, our team has gathered a variety of fun activities and games that parents can do with their children at home! Find something that interests your child and keep them engaged after school.
Activities for Children
- MYzone Indoor Games
- MYzone Outdoor Games
- MYzone Virtual Games
- MYzone After School Snack Ideas & Recipes
- MYzone Dinner Table Conversation Topics
- Skittles Experiment
- Tissue Paper Flowers
- Paper Bracelet
- Stick Launcher
- Hot Cold Pack
- Paper Bag Stars
- Sun Catcher
- Tape Over Canvas
Programs and Resources for Parents
1. Alexandra Neighborhood House is offering a free online Positively Parenting workshops for parents and guardians of children ages 6-12. These workshops will run weekly from January 19 to February 9, 2021 on Tuesday's at 7-8:30pm. Learn more.
2. Sources Community Resources Society is offering a number of free programs for children and parents including Incredible Me (workshop series for children ages 5-10 coping with anxiety and worries) and The Circle of Security® Parenting™ which is an 8-week workshop series focused on supporting and strengthening relationships between children and parents. Learn more.
3. Child Care Options has a Resources Library for parents to borrow a selection of children’s books, puzzles, ride on toys, beading and craft kits, literacy kits and much more! Child Care Options also offers support for applying for the Affordable Child Care Benefit, referrals to child care, parent education sessions and parent and child drop-ins. Learn more.
4. DIVSERcity Community Resources Society is offering the IMPACT Parenting Group - Free Parenting Support Group for Newcomers. This online program offers an opportunity for families to connect, practice their English, learn new parenting skills, access community resources and participate in a 30 minute early childhood education component which includes storytelling and singing. For more information, email email@example.com or call 604-547-1310.
5. Dr. Vanessa Lapointe is a renowned Registers Psychologist, Parenting expert and a resident of Surrey. Visit Dr. Lapointe’s YouTube channel to view her latest series or browse through her catalogue find a parenting topic that meets your current needs.
6. The Parent Support Services Society of BC continues to offer Online Parenting Support Circles multiple times per week. These circles provide an opportunity for parents and grandparents to share challenges, concerns, questions and offer support. Learn more.
7. Looking to learn more about digital parenting during the Pandemic? Watch a pre-recorded webinar featuring Junell Hofmann, author of iRules, and Tiffany Shlain, author of 24/6: The Power of Unplugging One Day a Week.
MYzone is a fun and flexible after school program for children ages 8 to 12 years old that runs during the school year from October to the end of June.
At MYzone children will:
- play games, make arts & crafts, learn new things
- take part in community projects
- enjoy healthy snacks
- make new friends
- have quiet time for reading or homework
MYzone programs take place in a supervised and safe environment, led by highly qualified leaders who are certified in First Aid and High Five principles of healthy development. See the Recreation Surrey Children & Youth Year in Review document for background about MYzone.