Volunteer at the Farm
Our volunteers are the backbone of the Historic Stewart Farm.
Become part of the farm family. Volunteers assist staff in nearly every facet of farm operations. Costumed volunteers work hand in hand with staff to preserve the heritage of the farm and to provide a fulfilling experience for visitors.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-502-6461 to get involved.
- Tour groups around the farmhouse and grounds
- Help in the 1894 farmhouse during events
- Research information on the Stewart family and surrounding community
Heritage Activity Assistant
- Perform heritage demos like butter churning and apple peeling
- Run craft and activity stations during events
- Enhance drop in and booked tour experiences for visitors
- Engage with students and educators
- Facilitate activity stations
- Share themed curriculum-based knowledge
- Tend to the heirloom gardens from planning to planting to harvesting
- Save seeds to package for sale to the public
- Share information on the garden with visitors during events and tours
The Benefits of Volunteering
- Flexible hours
- Online booking
- Meet new friends
- Learn new skills and share the ones you already have
- Learn and teach local history – training for each position provided