Throughout the year, the City releases various financial reports like the Financial Plan and Quarterly Financial Reports to Council. View the latest financial documents below.
The City of Surrey produces various financial reports each year, including Quarterly Financial Reports, Financial Plan, Annual Financial Report (Annual Municipal Report) and Statements of Financial Information (SOFI).
We make these reports public as part of our commitment to public accountability and transparency. As a result of these efforts, we were proud to be the recipients of the following Government Finance Officers Association awards: Distinguished Budget Presentation Award, Canadian Award for Financial Reporting and Popular Annual Financial Reporting Award.
The following reports are available on this page:
- Quarterly Financial Reports
- Financial Plans
- Annual Financial Reports and Annual Financial Report Highlights
- Statement of Financial Informations (SOFIs)
Quarterly Financial Reports
A Quarterly Report is presented to Council 3 times a year, in April, July, and October. Quarterly reports are prepared to demonstrate public accountability by providing information on the City’s financial results.
These reports provide Council with an economic overview of the Global, US, Canada and BC economies, as well as Surrey’s economy, which is presented through building and business statistics. In addition, this report also includes the status of the City’s investment portfolio as well as an explanation of Departmental variances to the Financial Plan.
- 2020 3rd Quarterly Financial Report
- 2020 2nd Quarterly Financial Report
- 2020 1st Quarterly Financial Report
- 2019 3rd Quarterly Financial Report
- 2019 2nd Quarterly Financial Report
- 2019 1st Quarterly Financial Report
The Financial Plan provides detailed funding requirements over the next 5 years, and also articulates financial priorities and issues. It helps staff manage day-to-day operations by providing financial and policy information and by identifying financial and staffing resources available to provide services.
The Plan serves as a communication device that gives all readers a comprehensive look at the services provided by the City and the costs related to those services. The City's Financial Plan Summaries are available for download.
- 2020 - 2024 Financial Plan | Interactive Version
- 2019 - 2023 Financial Plan | Interactive Version
- 2018 - 2022 Financial Plan | Interactive Version
- 2017 - 2021 Financial Plan | Interactive Version
- 2016 - 2020 Financial Plan | Interactive Version
Annual Municipal Reports
The Annual Financial Report (Annual Municipal Report) serves as an opportunity to communicate with citizens, stakeholders and others regarding the City’s activities and accomplishments for the year by department and provide financial performance compared to budget. Pursuant to s.98 of the Community Charter all municipalities are required to prepare an annual report. The report also includes statistics for the year completed, as well as future City goals, along with the City's audited financial statements.
- 2019 Annual Financial Report | Interactive Version
- 2019 Annual Financial Report Highlights
- 2018 Annual Financial Report | Interactive Version
- 2018 Annual Financial Report Highlights
- 2017 Annual Financial Report | Interactive Version
- 2017 Annual Financial Report Highlights
- 2016 Annual Report | Interactive Version
- 2016 Annual Report Highlights
- 2015 Annual Report | Interactive Version
- 2015 Annual Report Highlights
Surrey City Development Corporation (SCDC)
Surrey City Development Corporation is 100 percent owned by the City of Surrey and has been incorporated since 2007. The Corporation's role is to help Surrey become a more vibrant, sustainable and complete urban community by undertaking real estate development projects that achieve civic, community, business and financial objectives.
Statement of Financial Information (SOFI)
The Statement of Financial Information includes, for the year being reported, the City’s audited financial statements and information regarding remuneration paid to the Mayor and Council, the remuneration paid to every employee that the City paid more than $75,000, the amount paid to any supplier of goods and/or services to which the City paid more than $25,000, and all grants paid by the City.
SOFI - City
- 2019 SOFI - Statement of Financial Information
- 2018 SOFI - Statement of Financial Information
- 2017 SOFI - Statement of Financial Information
- 2016 SOFI - Statement of Financial Information
- 2015 SOFI - Statement of Financial Information