Find information on payment processing options for City of Surrey suppliers.
Accounts Payable processes invoices and issues payments to suppliers for goods and services purchased by the City. They work with Procurement Services to ensure contracts and purchase orders are in place to coordinate procurement and payment processing.
If payments are overdue, suppliers should contact the employee that requested the goods or services to ensure they have reviewed and approved the invoice for payment. Following that, suppliers should contact Accounts Payable at 604-592-7010 or by email at APInquiry@surrey.ca with the supplier’s legal name and outstanding invoice number.
Electronic Invoice Submission & Payments
In an effort to support sustainability, reduce risk and improve customer service, the City of Surrey accepts electronic invoice submissions and offers Electronic payment options, such as Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) or wire transfer.
The electronic invoice option will assist with faster processing of invoices and help reduce costs and our carbon footprint. Invoices sent by traditional mail will also be accepted.
This option will allow suppliers to receive their payments directly into their bank accounts, reducing the risk of cheques being lost in transit and improving the timeliness of their payment receipt.
If you are a supplier and would like to receive your payments electronically, please contact us at 604-592-7010 to request enrollment for electronic payment.
Preparing Your Invoice (Electronic or Hard Copy)
To ensure timely payment, your invoice must include the following information:
- Supplier’s full operating and legal name, if different (must designate the name to be used when issuing payment)
- Supplier's invoice number
- Supplier's full remittance details
- Details of goods and/or services purchased
- Amounts owed for each detailed line, along with a subtotal of all detailed lines, sales taxes (GST and/or PST) charged, and an invoice total
- Full contact name of the authorized City of Surrey Purchase Requestor and the respective department, or
- Purchase order (PO) number, if applicable. Note: PO numbers are currently 6 digits and start with a ‘4’, any other number provided will require the authorized City of Surrey Purchase Requestor and the respective department
Submitting Your Electronic Invoice
Send electronic invoices to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This mailbox is used strictly for invoice submissions. Supplier inquiries should be directed to email@example.com or contact us at 604-592-7010.
Submit invoices either by mail or electronically. Do not submit duplicate invoices multiple times, whether by mail or email.
In order to process your invoice for payment, the following electronic submission guidelines must be met:
- Each invoice must be included as a separate attachment (PDF Format only)
- If there are additional informational documents associated with the invoice, they should be combined with the invoice they relate to as a single PDF file.
- Invoice PDF attachment(s) must be named: <Company name>_<Invoice Number>
- Emails must not exceed a total of 35MB for all attached files
Download the full invoice instructions for suppliers document for more information.
Failure to meet the requirements above may result in payment processing delays or in your payment not being processed.
For invoice or payment questions please call Accounts Payable at 604-592-7010.