Request free bulk high-resolution spatial data.
At City of Surrey, we have made our remote sensing data, covering the entire city, available. The data available comprises of:
- hyperspectral imagery
- ortho photo imagery
These data sets were acquired to support various City initiatives and responsibilities, including specific capital engineering projects, but there is extensive value in them for other purposes. These and other large data sets are available in bulk to external firms and agencies upon request.
Making these data sets readily available in bulk form results in:
- efficiencies for firms working on capital or land development projects for the City
- reduced overhead associated with traditional data requests
- reduced overhead costs associated with bandwidth charges that the City incurs when transferring data over the internet
Find a list of the data sets available in the Bulk Data Inventory Spreadsheet.
To obtain a copy of this data, complete the Bulk Data Request Form and supply the City with an external hard drive with a storage capacity of at least 1TB supporting USB 3.0.
The City does not cover shipping costs. You may arrange a courier to deliver and pick up your portable hard drive.
This service is provided free of charge. For this reason, limited resources are available to complete the transfers. A target turnaround of 1 week is anticipated, but the time may be extended during peak periods.
See Open Data to get familiar with our datasets before requesting a copy of the entire offering.
- Raw LiDAR Data 2022 (LAS)
- Elevation Grid 2022 (TIFF)
- LiDAR Hillshade 2022 (TIFF)
Email EngWebmail@surrey.ca or phone at 604-591-4146 with any questions on making a bulk data request.