Business Licensing Statistics
See the breakdown of existing and new business licences in Surrey.
The City of Surrey is committed to fostering a positive business environment and helping businesses succeed. View the charts and tables below to see the breakdown of existing and new business licences in Surrey.
- Overall, there are 19,753 licensed businesses in Surrey.
- Since 2017, there has been an 16% increase in the total number of business licences in Surrey.
- There has been an increase of 11% in the number of Commercial/Industrial businesses since 2017.
- Newton has the highest concentration of businesses at 6,446.
- South Surrey has 3,160 businesses making up 16% of the overall breakdown by Community.
- Guildford is the third largest business community in Surrey, followed closely by Cloverdale.
- Construction makes up 26% of the total number of businesses by sector with 5,056 active licenses.
- Professional, Scientific & Technical Services makes up 12% of the breakdown with 2,402 businesses.
- Retail is the third largest sector in Surrey making up 10% of the total.
- In 2022, there were 2,841 new businesses in Surrey.
- Also in 2022, there was a 7% increase in the number of new businesses licensed compared to 2021's fiscal year.