Offsite Servicing Construction
Learn about pre-construction meetings, traffic management planning, and more for offsite servicing.
A pre-construction meeting is required with the developer, consultant, contractor and the City’s Land Development Inspector before permits will be issued in order for offsite servicing construction to begin.
Required Items for Pre-Construction Meeting
- Request for Pre-Construction Meeting from Engineering Consultant
- Letter of Appointment
- Contractors Qualification Statement
- Certificates of Insurance for contractors, consultants, and City Road and Right-of-Way works
- Pre Construction Contractor Safety Checklist
- Contractor Health & Safety Expectations
- Water Tie-in Connection & Signage Summary Excel Sheet
Traffic & Site Management During Construction
- Approved Traffic Management Plan Required for Arterial and Collector Roads
- Notification of Construction to Residents in Neighbourhood
Show Home Permit
A show room permit can be obtained when roads and sufficient water supply (for fire protection) are in place to build a show home for sales purposes only.
Inspections During Construction
The monitoring of the development during the construction stage.
- Daily Weekly Inspection Report
- Requirements for Building Permits
- Rough Lot Grading Certification
- Sample Video Certification Letter
- Guideline for Interim Release Requests
Final Construction Inspection
The Professional Engineer confirms that construction is complete, including all services, roads, driveways, asphalt paving etc., and requests a final construction inspection by the City.
- Final Construction Inspection
- Final Construction Inspection Checklist
- Final Construction Inspection Letter
The Professional Engineer formally certifies that all works are complete, except for minor deficiencies and maintenance holdbacks, and requests that the project start the 1-year maintenance period.
- Pavement Cut Form
- Reimbursement Requests
- Tangible Capital Asset (TCA) Summary Sheets
- Tangible Capital Asset Reporting Guide for Land Development Projects
- Sample Construction Completion Certification Letter
- Sample Release Letter from Property Owner
The City places the project on a one-year maintenance period to fix all deficiencies and ensure all works are completed.
- As-Constructed Drawings and Certification
- As-Constructed Drawings Standards
- Requirements for Asphalt Overlays
- Siltation or Temporary Detention Pond Removal Procedure
- Sample letter for Pond Removal
After the one-year maintenance period, when all deficiencies have been completed, the project can be formally accepted by the City.
See the latest Engineering Bulletins.
For more information on any of the above, Contact Engineering Inspection Services at email@example.com or 604-598-5806.