Online Plumbing Permit Application
Apply and pay for select plumbing permits online.
Registered Plumbing Users can now apply online and pay by credit card for the following types of buildings and work proposed.
New, Addition, Renovation, Hydronic Heating, and Alteration (Re & Re only) for:
- Residential Units
- Accessory Buildings
- Commercial / Industrial / Multi-Family (CIM)
- On-site Services
The associated Building Permit number is required when applying for a Plumbing Permit.
Note: Fire Sprinkler, Backflow Preventer, and Lawn Irrigation applications will be available online in the future. In the meantime, permits can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing. You will be notified when payment is due.
Note: As of January 2020, a $35 administration fee will be applied to all Plumbing amendments, additions and renovations.
Become a Registered User
To start using the online permit application system, you must first register in person at City Hall’s 2nd floor front counter.
The following contractors can sign up to become a Registered User:
- Plumbing Contractor
- On-site Service Contractor
- Fire Sprinkler Contractor
- Lawn Irrigation Contractor
To register, contractors must bring the following to City Hall:
- Plumbing, sprinkler certificate of Trade Qualification-Red Seal Card (TQ) Number, if applicable
- Valid photo ID (e.g. driver's licence)
- Active City of Surrey Business Licence (or Inter-Municipal Business Licence)
- Valid email address
As a Registered User, you will receive emails from the Plumbing Inspector for the following:
- Inspection results (approved or not approved, with a deficiency list)
- When the inspection is deferred to the next business day
Personal Information is collected for the purposes of City staff following up on your application for additional information or clarification in some cases. The City of Surrey is collecting this information under s.26 (c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.