Online Plumbing Permit Application
Apply and pay for select plumbing permits online.
Registered Plumbing Users can now apply online and pay by credit card for the following types of buildings and work proposed.
New, Addition, Renovation, Hydronic Heating, and Alteration (Re & Re only) for:
- Residential Units
- Accessory Buildings
- Commercial / Industrial / Multi-Family (CIM)
- On-site Services
The associated Building Permit number (e.g. 20-012345-000) is required when applying for a Plumbing Permit.
Any Hydronic Heating Drawings are to be uploaded and attached at time of application.
Note: Backflow Preventer and Lawn Irrigation applications will be available online in the future. In the meantime, permits can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing. You will be notified when payment is due.
Become a Registered User
To start using the online permit application system, you must first register by email at email@example.com.
The following contractors can sign up to become a Registered User:
- Plumbing Contractor
- On-site Service Contractor
- Fire Sprinkler Contractor
- Lawn Irrigation Contractor
To register, contractors must provide the following:
- Plumbing, sprinkler certificate of Trade Qualification-Red Seal Card (TQ) Number, if applicable
- Active City of Surrey Business Licence (or Inter-Municipal Business Licence)
- Valid email address
As a Registered User, you will receive emails from the Plumbing Inspector for the following:
- Inspection results (approved or not approved, with a deficiency list)
- When the inspection is deferred to the next business day
Personal Information is collected for the purposes of City staff following up on your application for additional information or clarification in some cases. The City of Surrey is collecting this information under s.26 (c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Adding Fixtures or Radiant Heating to an Existing Permit
Adding additional fixtures cannot be requested through the online plumbing portal.
To add fixtures or add radiant heating to an existing permit, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Staff will and/or revise the permit and email you to pay additional fees.
Tips for Online Plumbing Permit Applications
- Make sure the correct Building Permit number is stated on the application (e.g. 20-012345-000). The online plumbing portal will not allow incorrect or invalid building permit numbers.
- For Alteration Permits, always state the Scope of Work. Alteration Permits are for removing and replacing existing fixtures in the same location or replacing piping only. Any Changes to existing approved City drawings cannot be done on Alteration Permits and may require a Building Permit.
- Addition Plumbing Permits are only to be used when an issued building permit states “addition” (e.g. adding additional square footage to an existing structure). This permit type is not for adding additional fixtures or heating to an existing permit.