False Alarm Inquiry & Payment Information
Learn more about false alarm fees, payment options and appeals.
A false alarm is the activation of an alarm system resulting in the direct or indirect notification of the Police or Fire Department and their attendance where there is no evidence of unauthorized entry or the commission of an unlawful act, smoke damage or other visible sign of fire or emergency situation.
False Alarm Fees
The fees listed below are in accordance with the Surrey Security and Fire Bylaw:
False Alarm Fee
(if paid within 14 days of the date of the invoice)
False Alarm Fee
(if paid after 14 days of the date of the invoice)
|Fire False Alarm Fee
Any unpaid fees at December 31 will be transferred to Property Tax in arrears (interest charged on the outstanding amounts in arrears).
For more information related to Fire Department false alarm fees, please see the Preventing False Fire Alarms section of the Smoke Alarms web page.
Please note, payment options are dependent on your invoice type.
For an invoice for a Police response:
- In person: Surrey City Hall, Property & Payment Services (main floor). Payments can also be made at the Surrey Operations Centre 6651 148 St. Payment options are cash, cheque, credit card or debit card.
- By mail: Cheques payable to the City of Surrey (invoice or invoice number must be included with payment).
City of Surrey Property & Payment Services
13450 104 Avenue Surrey BC V3T 1V8
- By phone: Call 604-591-4746 to pay with your credit card.
For an invoice from the Fire Department:
- Online: my.surrey.ca/invoices
- In person: Surrey City Hall or Surrey Fire Service Hall 1 at 8767 132 Street, Surrey
- By mail: (invoice or invoice number must be included with payment)
Surrey Fire Service
8767 132 Street, Surrey BC V3W 4P1
- By phone: Call 604-543-6780 to pay with your credit card
Appealing a False Alarm Invoice
Once you pay your false alarm invoice, you can no longer dispute it. To appeal an invoice for a Police response, complete the Notice of Appeal form within 30 days and submit by email to FalseAlarmInquiries@surrey.ca, in person at Surrey City Hall or the Surrey Operations Centre, or by mail to:
City of Surrey, Property & Payment Services
13450 104 Avenue, Surrey BC
Once received, the appeal is reviewed by a Bylaw Supervisor. This process may take up to 6 weeks. You will be notified of the appeal decision in writing.
To appeal an invoice for a Fire response, disputes must be registered by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org within 45 days of the original invoice date. After the 45 days is over, the invoice will be considered final.