Neighbourhood Cleanup Kit
Get a kit to help clean up your neighbourhood!
Get involved and take an active role in improving your neighborhood by requesting a Neighbourhood Cleanup Kit. This program is available to all Surrey residents, businesses, and schools.
Request Your Kit
Our kits include gloves, litter pickers, and collection bags.
We will deliver the kit right to your door, and will also arrange for the pickup of any collected litter including large or hazardous items.
Share Your Success
After your cleanup, please email email@example.com with photos of your efforts and how many bags you picked up.
By organizing a neighbourhood clean up and submitting the photos of your clean up, you will be entered into a draw for a block party prize. The draw will be made on September 1 for all eligible entries received between May and August. You can enter once per calendar month for different clean up events.
Official Contest Rules & Regulations
Our City Neighbourhood Cleanup Official Contest Rules & Regulations
1) ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins at 9:00 am on May 22, 2023 and ends at 11:59 pm on August 31, 2023.
2) ELIGIBILITY: You must be thirteen (13) years or older to enter this Contest. You must also be a legal resident of Surrey. If you are under nineteen (19) years of age you must receive the consent of your parent or guardian to claim a prize. City of Surrey employees and immediate family members of City of Surrey employees are not eligible to enter.
3) HOW TO ENTER: Between May 22, 2023 and August 31, 2023 Surrey residents may enter a maximum of one (1) time each calendar month by completing the following two steps for each entry:
- Registering your Community Clean Up to Our City via the online registration form at www.surrey.ca/ourcity; and
- After your clean up, submitting one (1) or more photos of your clean up to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After your clean up, confirming your plans to return your borrowed equipment to email@example.com.
If you enter in more than one (1) calendar month, your entries must be a of a different clean up than one for which you have previously entered, and the photo(s) submitted must be different than those submitted previously.
When doing your clean up you should use tongs, gloves, and wear highly visible clothing. Do not pick up hazardous waste and large items, and report hazardous waste and large items to the City of Surrey.
4) PHOTO GUIDELINES: Submitted photos must be either your own work or submitted with the consent of the photographer or creator. Your photo must not be obscene or otherwise inappropriate, as determined by the City of Surrey in its sole discretion. Images that are deemed inappropriate will not be accepted. You are responsible for obtaining, prior to submitting any photo, any releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photo in the manner described in these Official Rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any photo is under the age of majority in their province of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
5) INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Upon submission of your entry to the Contest, you irrevocably grant to the City of Surrey the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use your entry in any medium including streaming media, film, television, print, interactive devices, mobile media, Internet and on-line systems, and digital billboards. The City of Surrey will have the right to use your entry in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, or promotion. You agree that the City of Surrey shall have the sole discretion in determining the extent and manner of use of entries and are not obligated to use any entry. You understand that all entries that are posted on the City of Surrey’s website and related social media may be available to be viewed by anyone with access to the Internet.
6) PRIZES: There will be a total of one (1) Prize Winners chosen at random from all eligible entries. A prize winner will be chosen at random on September 1, 2023.
The Prize Winner will receive a Block Party Prize Pack, valued at $500. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable.
7) WINNERS AND ODDS: The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries submitted. Winners must answer a skill-testing question to claim the prize. The City of Surrey is not responsible for and will not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the selected Entrant. If a selected Entrant cannot be contacted or fails to respond within the allotted time of 24 hours City of Surrey reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible Entrant for the Prize.
8) TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By participating, you agree to a) abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of the City of Surrey, which shall be final in all respects; and b) release, discharge and hold harmless the City of Surrey from all liability, claims or damages, arising out of your participation in the Contest and the acceptance, use or misuse of a prize. The City of Surrey reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest, and cancel or refuse any entry or any individual winning the Contest.
9) PRIVACY: Your personal information is collected and used for the sole purpose of the administration of the Contest under the authority of section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The City of Surrey reserves the right to publish the name of the winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, including but not limited to print materials and the City of Surrey website and social media. If you have questions about your privacy, contact the Manager of Marketing and Communications |13450 104th Ave., Surrey, BC | V3T 1V8 | 604.598.5785 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
10) GOVERNING LAW: These Official Contest Rules are subject to the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the applicable laws of Canada.