Neighbourhood Enhancement Grants
Find out how you can improve your neighbourhood with a Neighbourhood Enhancement Grant.
Make your neighbourhood more beautiful and vibrant with a Neighbourhood Enhancement Grant.
You can receive a Small Project Grants for a maximum of $3,000 for a physical improvement. The Small Project Grant supports planning, organizing and carrying out projects that improve the physical appearance of your neighbourhood.
Overview and Guidelines
Read our program overview and guidelines for all details. Applications are accepted all year.
- All Surrey residents, community groups, businesses and associations can apply.
- You must match your grant money with contributions of volunteer labour and services, donated materials and/or cash.
Small Project Grants
The Neighbourhood Small Project Grant supports planning, organizing and carrying out projects that improve the physical appearance of your neighbourhood. For example, you could:
- Create a neighbourhood garden
- Landscape a boulevard
- Clean up a vacant property
- Plant some flowering trees
- Create a neighbourhood entrance feature
Download the Small Project Grant Application.
Celebration & Activity Grants
The Celebration & Activity Grant supports encouraging community activism and celebration. Some ideas include:
- Hosting a block party (you may be eligible for up to $500)
- Organizing a neighbourhood festival
- Running a street cleanup day
Download the Celebration and Activity Grant Application.
How to Apply for a Grant
- Email email@example.com with a brief description of your project to find out if your project will qualify.
- Fill out the Program Overview and Guidelines or Celebration and Activity Grant Application.
- Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at the Parks & Recreation counter at City Hall.
- If you are applying to host a block party, you must also fill out the Block Party Application form and send to email@example.com.
- The Grant Committee reviews your application. Once approved, your application goes to Council in a Corporate Report for final approval.
- Purchase what you need for your project, and then submit your receipts with photos of your completed event or project to firstname.lastname@example.org.