First Aid & CPR Training
Learn about the City of Surrey's first aid courses and recertification training.
The City of Surrey is offering a limited selection of First Aid and CPR training and recertification courses. All class sizes have been reduced to ensure physical distancing. Learn these important, life-saving skills for your work or if you want to help and be prepared for emergencies.
Register for first aid courses and get certified! Certification is valid for three years. You must take your recertification courses before your certificate expires.
Our highly trained instructors teach you how to:
- assess a situation,
- perform CPR for adults, children and infants,
- help someone who's choking and
- use an automated external defibrillator (AED).
Register by phone
Registration by phone is available. Call 604-501-5100, Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm and Sunday's from 9pm to 11pm and a customer service representative will be happy to help you.
Cancelling a registration
Alternatively, you can call 604-501-5100, Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm and Sundays from 9pm to 11pm and a customer service representative can cancel your registration for you.
If you no longer want to use your Recreation Pass, learn how to receive a refund.
We are offering a limited selection of activities and following safety protocols so everyone can recreate responsibly. Please do not come to the recreation facility unless you have received a confirmation call that a spot has become available. Only those with confirmed registration will be allowed inside.
To ensure fairness for all, we ask that everyone limits to one activity per day.
For Everyone’s Safety
- We encourage all participants to bring their own pocket mask to the course or they can choose to purchase one at the time of registration
- We will be able to provide a pocket mask for use during these courses however, for hygiene reasons, you may feel more comfortable having your own
- Participants are also encouraged to bring a face covering to wear for the dry component of the course
- If students are unable to wear a face covering to their class, they will not be admitted into the class and must reschedule
- Participants will be screened daily
- Any participant showing signs of illness will be immediately asked to leave the course if symptoms align with COVID-19 and have not been ruled out through a test or isolation protocols