Find information about swimming lessons in Surrey.
Learning to swim is an important life skill. It’s fun, great for your health and puts you on a path to an active lifestyle. Sign up for swimming lessons or a pool activity at Surrey Sport & Leisure Complex or Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre.
How to Register
- Register Online
- By phone: 604-501-5100
Note: All patrons registered in aquatic activities must participate in the water. No spectators allowed.
Mask Use at Indoor Pools
- Masks are mandatory in all facilities except when exercising, and this includes pools.
- Patrons are required to wear a mask in change rooms, lobby spaces and on the pool deck.
- Masks can be removed for showering.
- Swimmers can remove their mask when entering the water.
- Swimmers must maintain physical distance from other swimmers in the water and on the pool deck.
- The City of Surrey is operating aquatic services following guidelines from the BC & Yukon Lifesaving Society and the BC Recreation and Parks Association.
For Everyone's Safety
- Pools will have reduced capacity to ensure physical distancing can be maintained.
- Patrons who are sick will not be allowed entry.
- Come dressed to swim. Change room access will be limited.
- Patrons must shower prior to using the pool.
- Lockers are unavailable. Bring all belongings with you to the pool deck. Leave valuables at home.
- Follow directional signage around the pool.
- Enhanced first aid and lifeguard rescue procedures will be in place.
- Expect enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols.
- Patrons may bring their own life jackets/goggles.
- Pool toys will not be permitted.
- Hot tubs will be open. Steam room, saunas, water slides and tots pool are closed.
- No private rentals or birthday party bookings this year.
- Exit promptly when your session is finished.
Red Cross Swim Lessons
Red Cross Swim Preschool - Level 1 to 3
4 to 36 months
This program is for babies and toddlers, with the participation of a caregiver. Your child will learn basic movement in the water, buoyancy, floating techniques and how to enter and exit shallow water. Parent participation is required for all preschool and Swim Kids 1 to 4.
Red Cross Swim Preschool - Level 4 to 8
3 to 5 years
This program is designed to promote success, focusing on water safety. It has a fun format with activities geared towards children who want to work on front and back floats and glides, as well as sit diving and back swimming. Parent participation is required for all preschool and Swim Kids 1 to 4.
Red Cross Swim Kids - Level 1 to 10
5 to 12 years
Learn to swim with Red Cross Swim Kids! Children will learn stroke development, water safety, front and back floats, glides and more. These classes include a fitness component. With our 10-level program, your children will be challenged at their individual level and learning style.
Please ask for a swim assessment if your child completed any of the Red Cross Swim Preschool levels. This will help determine which Swim Kids level is best suited for your child’s needs.
Children under 7 years must be dropped off and picked up from the pool deck by a parent or guardian.
Youth, Adults and Adapted Swim Lessons
Youth, adult and adapted swim lessons will be unavailable this season. We invite community members to register their spot in lane swimming and public swimming.