Business Beautification Tools
Learn about the Facade Enhancement program and other business beautification tools designed to improve the look of Surrey storefronts.
Are you a business owner in Surrey? See if your business qualifies for a Storefront Enhancement Grant, and learn about the Love Where You Live participation decals.
Love Where You Live Business Decal
If you keep the area around your business clean by litter picking and cleaning up, you can receive a Love Where You Live Business Decal to acknowledge your businesses’ contributions.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your decal. Businesses play a big role in keeping our sidewalks and blocks clean, and we want to recognize your efforts.
Storefront Enhancement Grants
The City of Surrey's Facade Enhancement Grant program will provide a grant matching up to 30% of the eligible costs to a maximum of $3,000 to commercial property owners who want to improve their storefront facades.
Benefits to the Business include:
- Attracting customers
- Improving the marketability of the area
- Making city streets a more inviting and interesting place to walk and shop
- Building civic pride within the local business community
Curious if your project would apply? Describe it for us briefly in an email to email@example.com and we will contact you shortly.
Eligible enhancements include:
- Restoration of exterior finishes/and or repainting of exterior facades
- Repair and/or replacement of frontage windows and doors
- Exterior lighting
- Repair or replacement of signs and other fixtures
- Installation or repair of awnings
- Addition of patio areas and permanent landscape features
- Improvement of wheelchair access
- Repair or restoration of facade masonry, brickwork or wood
- Enhancement and removal of safety bars
- Applicant must be a property owner or business owner. If the applicant is a tenant/business owner the applicant must have the approval of the property owner in writing
- Applicant must be current on all property tax obligations
- Business owners must have a valid Surrey Business License
Application requirements are as follows:
- Completed Facade Enhancement Program Application form
- Before photo of your storefront
- Sketch of the proposed enhancements
- Copy of quote from contractor for enhancement work
- A signed letter from the owner of the property permitting the applicant (if not the owner)
- Reviewed on a case by case basis
- No deadline for application, applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis
- Subject to approval by a Project Review Committee and City Council
- Subject to availability of funding
- Funded projects should be completed within one year of Council approval
- Applicants must provide proof of payment (receipts, paid invoices) for all eligible enhancements within 30 days of project completion
- Project costs are subject to audit by the City
For more information, please call 604-598-5780.