Credit: Ema Peter for HCMA Architecture + Design
Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre
Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre is now open for registered pool activities and weight room reservations.
Most Parks, Recreation & Culture facilities have reopened. Low intensity group fitness classes will be suspended as of March 30, 2021.
Masks are required to be worn at all times during exercise with no exceptions. This is to ensure that patrons remain safe while exercising in City of Surrey fitness centres and gymnasiums. Anyone with a mask exemption is encouraged to exercise outside at this time.
Follow surrey.ca/covid19 for specific facility re-opening and safety protocol updates.
Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre is now open and we’re excited to welcome you back to the weight room and pool for public swimming and swimming lessons.
All activities must be pre-registered and will follow strict guidelines to ensure the health and safety of both patrons and staff. Activities offered may be scaled up or down based on demand and public safety and may be in different locations to allow for adequate physical distancing. We will evaluate our procedures and programs and modify as necessary.
Learn more about Coronavirus (COVID-19) information.
How to Register
Call 604-501-5100 Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm
Register now to book your time in the weight room or pool. So that everyone may participate, we respectfully ask that patrons limit themselves to one booking per day.
Try Us Out!
Discounted 5, 10 and 20 swipe passes are available for purchase or buy an Annual Recreation Pass for unlimited access.
We have an exciting range of aquatic and fitness features including:
- A 10-lane, 50 metre FINA-standard Olympic size competition pool
- A 500 square metre leisure pool
- Diving facilities with a full set of dive towers to a height of 10 metres
- Hot tubs for families (with ramp access) and adults
- Large family-friendly universal change area
- Portable lift with 600lb capacity and portable staircase
- Two aquatic wheelchairs
- Fitness and weight room facilities
- Exterior terrace
- Accessible steam room and dry sauna - Closed
- Lazy river, spray features, and tot’s area with access ramp - Closed
- Waterslide - Closed
- Spectator seating for 800 people - Closed
The following services are provided at the pool:
- Leisure swimming opportunities for all community members
- Deep and shallow water aquacize classes
- Swim lessons for preschoolers, children and adult to build life-long swimming skills
- Lifesavings, life guarding and first aid courses
- Sport practice opportunities for Surrey Aquatics Clubs
- Regional, provincial, national and international aquatic sport hosting opportunities
Please note: the water slide, steam room and sauna will be unavailable when the pool reopens.
- 1m boards/platform - All ages
- 3m & 5m diving boards and platforms - 7 years and older
- 7.5m platform - 12 years and older
- 10m platform - 16 years and older
- 7 years and older and 48" tall
Sauna and Steam Room
- 13 years and older
Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre has the following features:
- Adult change table with 600 lb capacity lift in a dedicated change room
- Accessible washrooms
- Accessible universal change rooms
- Hand-held showers
- Two aquatic wheelchairs
- Leisure pool with graduated access
- Family whirlpool ramp
- Accessible steam room and sauna
- Portable lift with 600 lb capacity and portable stairs for entering and exiting the Olympic pool and adult hot tub
- Aquatic walker
Our new Weight Room features 7,000 square feet of space with a wide range of equipment, including:
- Treadmills, elliptical machines, stair climbers, bikes and rowers
- Weight machines
- Free weights (5-75 lbs)
- Stretching area
- TRX, cables and pulleys for functional fitness training
- Raised stretching mat
- SciFit Pro 2 Ergometer (arm bike)
- Progression fitness medicine balls (medicine balls with straps)
- Dual Cable Cross machine
- SkiErg machine
- Recumbent elliptical machine
- Active Hands, weight-lifting hooks, loop resistance bands & wrist/ankle weights
- Many pieces of equipment are adjustable or can have the seat removed for wheelchair access