Credit: Ema Peter for HCMA Architecture + Design
Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre
Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre is now open for drop-in access to the pool and weight room.
Departments are currently formulating plans for the safe restarting of operations based on the province’s phased Restart Plan.
Mask wearing is recommended in indoor public spaces for all people 12+ years who are not fully vaccinated.
We appreciate the continued patience of our residents as we work towards restoring operations and look forward to welcoming you soon. Follow surrey.ca/covid19 for specific facility re-opening and safety protocol updates.
We're excited to welcome you back with a limited selection of low risk activities for all age groups. Activities offered may be scaled up or down based on demand and public safety and may be offered in different locations or at different times. We will evaluate our procedures and programs and modify as necessary.
The majority of drop-in activities no longer require reservations. The current reservation system will remain in place for all group fitness and some other activities.
Learn more about Coronavirus (COVID-19) information.
How to Register
Call 604-501-5100 Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm
Try Us Out!
Discounted 5, 10 and 20 swipe passes are available for purchase or buy an Annual Recreation Pass for unlimited access.
All City of Surrey recreation facilities require patrons to present a Recreation Passcard before entering. The Recreation Passcard is free of charge and connects to your account. Learn about the benefits of having a Recreation Passcard.
We have an exciting range of aquatic and fitness features including:
- A 10-lane, 50 metre FINA-standard Olympic size competition pool
- A 500 square metre leisure pool
- Diving facilities with a full set of dive towers to a height of 10 metres
- Hot tubs for families (with ramp access) and adults
- Large family-friendly universal change area
- Portable lift with 600lb capacity and portable staircase
- Two aquatic wheelchairs
- Fitness and weight room facilities
- Exterior terrace
- Waterslide - Now open
- Accessible steam room and dry sauna - Now open with limited capacity
- Lazy river, spray features, and tot’s area with access ramp - Closed
- Spectator seating for 800 people - Closed
The following services are provided at the pool:
- Leisure swimming opportunities for all community members
- Deep and shallow water aquacize classes
- Swim lessons for preschoolers, children and adult to build life-long swimming skills
- Lifesavings, life guarding and first aid courses
- Sport practice opportunities for Surrey Aquatics Clubs
- Regional, provincial, national and international aquatic sport hosting opportunities
Please note: the water slide, steam room and sauna will be unavailable when the pool reopens.
- 1m boards/platform - All ages
- 3m & 5m diving boards and platforms - 7 years and older
- 7.5m platform - 12 years and older
- 10m platform - 16 years and older
- 7 years and older and 48" tall
Sauna and Steam Room
- 13 years and older
Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre has the following features:
- Adult change table with 600 lb capacity lift in a dedicated change room
- Accessible washrooms
- Accessible universal change rooms
- Hand-held showers
- Two aquatic wheelchairs
- Leisure pool with graduated access
- Family whirlpool ramp
- Accessible steam room and sauna
- Portable lift with 600 lb capacity and portable stairs for entering and exiting the Olympic pool and adult hot tub
- Aquatic walker
Our new Weight Room features 7,000 square feet of space with a wide range of equipment, including:
- Treadmills, elliptical machines, stair climbers, bikes and rowers
- Weight machines
- Free weights (5-75 lbs)
- Stretching area
- TRX, cables and pulleys for functional fitness training
- Raised stretching mat
- SciFit Pro 2 Ergometer (arm bike)
- Progression fitness medicine balls (medicine balls with straps)
- Dual Cable Cross machine
- SkiErg machine
- Recumbent elliptical machine
- Active Hands, weight-lifting hooks, loop resistance bands & wrist/ankle weights
- Many pieces of equipment are adjustable or can have the seat removed for wheelchair access