Newton Recreation Centre
Visit Newton Recreation Centre for fitness, sport and pool drop-in activities.
Newton Recreation Centre is conveniently located next to the bus loop in the heart of Newton's community. This fully accessible facility has the only Olympic sized mat room in all of Surrey’s recreation centres, two fitness centres, a Wave pool and aquatic amenities.
Program disruptions or functional closures of facilities may occur if the minimum number of staff required to operate safely are not available to work. Some drop-in activities require reservations. Your patience and understanding are appreciated.
How to Register
- Register online
- In person at any recreation facility
- Call 604-501-5100 Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm
NEW! Starting July 1, sign up for most drop-in activities 72 hours in advance
Join your favourite drop-in activity or find a new hobby!
- The mat room has a space of 4,700 sq. ft. for various sports and groups
- The ground level fitness area space is 8,000 sq. ft., featuring modern equipment and providing a variety of fitness options for the growing Newton community
- Programming includes cardio, stretching and functional training for a variety of ages and abilities
- An inviting 412 sq. ft. lobby is available for the community to participate in social engagement
- The only wave pool in the City of Surrey, featuring 3 water slides and interactive play structures
- A safe outdoor playground is available for children to use
- Fern Façade, a large public art display, covers the windows of the Newton Recreation Centre
All City of Surrey recreation facilities require patrons to present a Recreation Passcard before entering. The Recreation Passcard is free of charge and connects to your account. Learn about the benefits of having a Recreation Passcard.
The Newton Recreation Centre is Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Certified. Featuring accessible washrooms, 8 accessible parking stalls, an aquatic lift and aquatic wheelchairs. See below for more information on the accessible features of the fitness centres and pool.
Newton Recreation Centre has the following pool features:
- Wave pool
- Water slides (both enclosed & open)
- Water fortress with cannons, jets and sprays
- Tot Pool (1-2ft depth)
- Hot tub
- Steam room
Newton Recreation Centre has the following features:
- Gradual pool access
- Automatic doors provides access to change rooms
- 2 aquatic wheelchairs
- Hot tub accessible lift
- Accessible changing stalls with hand-held shower, grab bars and benches
The Newton Arena is located at 7120 136B Street (across the parking lot from the Newton Wave Pool). We have:
- One sheet of ice
- 17,000 square feet of exhibit space
- Bench seating for 150
- Score board with flexible scoring and timing capabilities
- One Meeting room
- Two Multipurpose rooms
- Four Multi-use dressing rooms
- Wheelchair accessible on ground level
- Skate & Helmet rental/Skate Shop
Find more information on the Newton Arena page.
There is one gymnasium at Newton Recreation Centre.
Our 8,000 square feet weight room is accessible and is equipped with free Wi-Fi. We also have:
- Over 40 pieces of cardio equipment
- Selectorized strength machines
- Free weights, ranging from 5 to 100 lbs
- Artificial turf and functional training area
- Raised stretching mat
- Recumbent elliptical machine
- Progression Fitness medicine balls (medicine balls with straps)
- 2 Dual Cable Cross machines
- SkiErg machine
- Upper Cycle Ergometer (hand bike)
- Active Hands, weight-lifting hooks, loop resistance bands & wrist/ankle weights
- Many pieces of equipment are adjustable or can have the seat removed for wheelchair access
Our fitness studio offers:
- 19 bikes
- Exercise balls
- Bender balls
- Resistance bands and free weights
- 16 TRX training stations
We offer pre-kindergarten programs at Newton Recreation Centre. Learn about preschool programs for more information.
Join us at Newton Seniors Centre for a variety of seniors' events and activities. Learn more about seniors programs in Surrey.
Get your free Youth Services Membership (ages 10 to 18) at any recreation facility in Surrey to access drop-in activities and youth lounges where you can play games, make friends, use sports equipment and more!
Check out the youth drop-in schedule for more details about drop-in activities and times.
Stay connected and up to date with what’s happening in Surrey for youth. Subscribe to Surrey’s Youth eNewsletter to receive monthly updates.