Land Use Bylaws
Review development-related bylaws early in your development application process.
There are several bylaws and policies that regulate building and land development in Surrey. Development projects that comply with these guidelines and requirements help our City grow while meeting our sustainability objectives.
For example, Surrey's Zoning Bylaw 12000 contains the regulations for each type of zoning in Surrey. All properties in Surrey have a legal zoning classification that specifies the types of buildings allowed, the uses or activities that can take place on that property, and other regulations including building size, siting on the property, parking, how close you can build next to a watershed, and more.
- Surrey Zoning Bylaw 12000
- Surrey Zoning Bylaw 12000 Schedules
- Official Community Plan Bylaw 18020
- Building Bylaw 17850
- Development Cost Charges Bylaw 20019
- Drainage Bylaw 16610
- District Energy System Bylaw 17667
- Erosion and Sediment Control Bylaw 16138
- Sewer Bylaw 16611
- Sign Bylaw 13656
- Subdivision Bylaw 8830
- Soil Conservation and Protection Bylaw 16389
- Tree Protection Bylaw 16100
- Water Bylaw 16337
- Public Safety E-Comm Radio Building Amplification System Bylaw 19108
The list provided here is a reference guide for development-related bylaws. This list is not comprehensive. All active City Bylaws that apply to development are part of the City of Surrey Bylaw Library.