Review City of Surrey's statistics related to building permits, rezoning, subdivision and development permits.
View statistics related to building permits and development approvals in Surrey. These measures allow the City to control the form of development occurring in Surrey.
Building permits ensure that construction complies with the BC Building Code. Construction must also adhere to approved City policy. Information from building permits provide insight into demographic changes and development activity. It is also used to calibrate the City's population estimates.
We prepare detailed building permit summaries each month. The summaries provide monthly and current year cumulative information. This includes the number and value of permits issued and residential units created. The summaries also provide comparable information from the previous year.
Annual building permit summaries are also available for Surrey's six communities. Summaries include information up to the most recently completed month.
Commercial and industrial construction trends are further analyzed. This provides a snapshot of construction activity over the past couple years.
Certain types of development projects must have planning approval before building permit issuance. Information is available for the most common types of development approvals. This includes rezoning, subdivision and development permits.
- Rezoning applications in process
- Rezoning applications at third reading
- Current year rezoning final approvals
- Previous year rezoning final approvals
- Subdivision applications in process
- Subdivision Preliminary Layout Approvals (PLAs)
- Current year subdivision final approvals
- Current year residential lots created summary
- Previous year subdivision final approvals
- Previous year residential lots created summary