Newton is a rapidly growing community with strong neighbourhood connections and local pride. The City of Surrey has launched Focus Newton, an initiative to enhance, beautify and engage with the Newton community.
Through Focus Newton, we will develop an action plan that encompasses short-term (one year) and medium-term (three year) beautification and enhancement objectives. This plan will serve as a roadmap for enhancing Newton.
Share your vision for a vibrant Newton!
We want to hear from all Newton residents, local businesses, and community groups. This June and July, share your ideas for a more vibrant community, like:
- creating more public spaces
- family-friendly gathering spots
- beautiful public art
- something else!
Your ideas will play an important role in guiding how we enhance your community. Together, we can create a plan that meets the needs of a growing and diverse population.
Our survey is closed. Thanks for your valuable input! Next, we’ll review the results and provide an update report. Following that, we’ll delve deeper into key themes identified during the engagement process and draft an action plan to guide future enhancements based on your feedback.
- September 12, 2023: City of Surrey breaks ground on new Strawberry Hill Community Hall
- August 23, 2023: ‘Clean-Blitz’ Crews Clear More Than 1,000 Illegal Dumping Locations
- July 28, 2023: Surrey Council Approves Contract for 132 Street Road Widening
- June 13, 2023: City of Surrey Launches Focus Newton Engagement to Enhance and Beautify the Community
- March 15, 2023: Help Shape South Newton’s Next Neighbourhood Park
- February 15, 2023: Surrey Mayor launches ‘Focus Newton’ Task Force
Newton in action
As part of the City’s commitment to making a positive impact in the area, Focus Newton will kick off with a series of clean-up blitzes and beautification projects throughout the summer, working towards creating a cleaner and more vibrant Newton.
Upcoming capital projects
There are many exciting capital projects taking place to meet the growing needs of Newton.
More improvement projects in Newton
Unwin Community Park
- The City has acquired the last property to expand this community park.
- A range of new amenities will include accessible washrooms and improved trails and paths.
- Planning is scheduled to commence in 2024.
Newton Athletic Park
- A new fieldhouse in the southern portion of the park will provide an additional four changerooms, as well as public washrooms.
- Two synthetic turf field replacements have been completed.
- A new synthetic turf field has been completed
- A 600-metre, three-lane rubberized walking track has been completed.
- Two new rubberized volleyball courts and walking loop upgrades have been completed.