Design & Construction Division
Get information on Design & Construction within the City of Surrey Engineering Department.
Manager: Jason Colenutt, P. Eng.
Contact D & C at EngWebmail@surrey.ca
What Our Sections Do
Design and Construction - Capital Projects
- Designs, tenders and manages the City's infrastructure Capital Construction Program for roads, water, sewer and drainage
- Provides Engineering survey services for the City
- Manages and maintains survey infrastructure records
Rapid Transit & Strategic Projects
- Act as the City’s liaison with various levels of government and TransLink on advancing key regional transportation projects in Surrey including: 27 km of rapid transit beginning with SkyTrain along Fraser Highway, the Pattullo Bridge replacement, and other select strategic projects.
- Assist other levels of government by co-delivering advanced infrastructure work (“Early Works”) for the major projects.
- Project management, design and construction of engineering capital projects that are supportive of, and in coordination with, the major intergovernmental rapid transit and infrastructure projects.
- Participate on major regional projects as required.