Capital Construction Program
See how we’re investing in our communities through Surrey's Capital Construction Program.
Every year through the City’s Capital Construction Program, Surrey's Engineering Department delivers hundreds of capital projects.
2024 Capital Construction Projects
Some of the projects under construction or anticipated for construction in 2024 include:
Major Road Improvement Projects
- 32 Avenue Improvements - from 184 Street to 188 Street
- 64 Avenue Improvements - from 177B St to 184 St
- 148 Street Improvements - from 58 Avenue to 64 Avenue
- 80 Avenue Improvements - from 132 Street and King George Blvd
- 152 Street Road Upgrades - between Serpentine and Nicomekl Rivers
- 72 Avenue Extension to Fraser Highway – feasibility study underway
- 20 Avenue Improvements and Highway 99 Overpass - realignment of Croydon Drive may begin in 2024
Coastal Flood Adaptation Projects
Smaller Maintenance and Road Safety Projects
Timely re-pavement of roads to help minimize long-term maintenance costs
- Construction of intersection improvements, pedestrian crossings and sidewalks to improve road safety
Water and Sewer Improvements
- Construction of more than 15 kilometres of watermain, drainage and sanitary sewers to meet the growing demands for safe drinking water and continuing to provide adequate conveyance of drainage and wastewater
Capital Construction Map
View an interactive map to see construction projects underway, upcoming, or in planning stages for future construction. Construction projects by regional partners including TransLink and Metro Vancouver are also shown.
For more information on the Capital Construction Program, contact Victor Jhingan, Design & Construction Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-591-4339.
For questions about private land development work, contact the Engineering Department Land Development Division at 604-591-4276 or email@example.com.