Councillor Mike Bose
Meet Councillor Mike Bose.
I am a fourth-generation farmer in the City of Surrey, a third-generation Council member and have served on various boards and organizations over the past 30 years.
As founder of the Agriculture Advisory Committee, I have sat for a combined 25 years as Chair and Vice Chair. I have served two terms on Metro Vancouvers Agriculture Advisory Committee as well as 4.5 years on the Provincial Agriculture Land Commission as a Commissioner. I have served for several years as Director for the Surrey Hospitals Foundation and a combined 25 years as Director, Grant Committee Chair and Grant Committee Member on the Surrey Cares Community Foundation. I have served as President of the Surrey Farmers Institute and served on many NCP and OCP Stakeholder committees.
My business experience is varied as I am also the fourth generation on the board of an insurance company, and first-generation Director of another insurance company.
I have coached hockey in Cloverdale for 30 years and am the proud father of two sons and two grandchildren.
Committees and Community Groups
- Finance Committee
- Environment and Climate Change Committee – Vice Chair
- Agriculture and Food Policy Committee – Chair
- Lower Fraser Valley Association – Liaison
- Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel – Alternate
- Metro Vancouver Board – Director
- Metro Vancouver Climate Action Committee – Member
- Metro Vancouver Electoral Area Committee – Member
- Metro Vancouver Flood Resiliency Committee – Member