Councillor Rob Stutt
Meet Councillor Rob Stutt.
I am a career investigator with over 40 years’ experience in policing and the insurance industry. I understand and appreciate how decisions impact lives, particularly how they apply to government. I believe commitment and integrity are essential to represent our community.
Through my service with the RCMP in Surrey I understand the demands of policing in our city and have witnessed growth and diversity.
As an active member of the community for over 30 years, I have served on the executive of the Sullivan Community Association and various levels of minor hockey.
I am keenly interested in preserving the heritage of our communities and improving our public image.
I believe public safety is paramount to the growth and wellbeing of any city. The RCMP has grown with Surrey and through proven performance, I believe it remains the best model for our future.
My priorities on council include:
- Retaining the RCMP
- Efficient government
- Responsible, accountable development
- Ethics and integrity at City Hall
Committees and Community Groups
- Audit Committee
- Finance Committee
- Arts and Culture Advisory Committee – Vice Chair
- Livability and Social Equity Committee – Vice Chair
- Surrey Public Safety Committee – Chair
- Surrey Heritage Advisory Commission – Chair
- Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel
- Surrey Housing and Homeless Society – Director
- Safe Program Leadership Group - Liaison
- Metro Vancouver Board – Director
- Metro Vancouver Regional Parks Committee - Member
- Metro Vancouver Water Committee - Member