Skip navigation

Dr. Sinclair House

Dr. Sinclair House

Heritage Area: Cloverdale

Site #: 154

Location: 17725 58A Avenue

Registered: October 2, 2000

Significance: Architectural, Historical

Description: Constructed c. 1900 in American Foursquare style. Features a symmetrical facade with one room protrusion on west side, oriel window and symmetrically placed dormers on front and sides. Dr. Sinclair was appointed the Municipal Medical Health Officer in 1911 until his death in 1952, and officiated the sod turning of Surrey Memorial Hospital in 1948. The house, originally located east of its current site on Highway 10,was moved shortly after Dr. Sinclair died.

Listed on the Canadian Register of Historic Places