Learn more about the Smith Farmhouse, built c. 1915.
Heritage Area: Clayton
Site #: 124
Location: 16913-66 Avenue
Registered: Nov. 2, 1998
Significance: Architectural, Historical
Description: Craftsman-style house with simple side gable massing built c. 1915 by Andrew and Thomas Smith. Cross gable on north side and a parallel gable on west and east sides added in 1929. Features front-gabled portico and three chimneys. Original narrow vertical lap siding (still visible on original external east wall inside basement) was covered by stucco following additions to east and north sides. The Smiths were originally poultry farmers; later expanded to dairy operation.