Skip navigation

Pacific Highway Stone Marker

Pacific Highway (Stone Marker)

Heritage Area: Cloverdale

Site #: 229

Location: Northwest corner of 176 Street and Highway No. 10

Registered: Sept 11, 2006

Significance: Environmental, Historical

Description: The Highway was opened August 3, 1923. Constructed as a concrete road by A.B. Palmer Co. Limited, it was officially opened by the provincial Minister of Public Works, W.H. Sutherland. Pacific Highway was constructed to provide improved access to the American border crossing.