Building Online Services
Use building online services to save a trip to City Hall.
Submit building service requests online and save a trip to City Hall. With online services, you can make inspection requests, apply for certain permits and monitor the status of your applications.
You can also Submit a Development & Building Inquiry to review the details of a project or the status of a Building Permit Application.
Available Online Services
- Single Family Dwelling Building Permit Applications
- Plumbing Permit Applications
- Electrical Contractor Installation Permit
Other Online Services
- Building Records Search
- Development & Building Inquiries
- Engineering Drawing Search
- Property Report Tool
Online Applications for Single Family Dwelling Building Permits
Select building permit applications are now being accepted through the MySurrey Portal. The portal allows applications to be submitted electronically, allowing for a faster application submission process. Review this page for important information on online applications, portal updates and relevant documents.
Building permit types currently being accepted through the MySurrey Portal:
- Single Family Dwelling Building Permits (subdivision lots only)
Applying Online for Single Family Dwelling Permits
Before you can begin your application through the portal, the following must be completed:
- View the Guide to Registering for Online Building Permit Applications bulletin for information on how to become a Registered User.
- Sign up as a Registered User for the MySurrey Portal. You cannot access the portal without registering first.
- If the property is a corner lot (facing two or more streets), email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the property address. The address for corner lots will not be available in the portal if this step is not completed.
- Have all relevant documents available in PDF format and ready to upload.
- Have all relevant application information available:
- Contact information for the Applicant, Owner, Builder and Designer
- Estimated construction value for the proposed structure
The applicant will be prompted to pay for the building permit fee and damage deposit payment after the application has been reviewed and accepted.
For more information, view the Guide to Applying Online for a Single Family Dwelling Building Permit bulletin.
Note: At this time, recent subdivision lots are only being accepted for MySurrey portal online applications. Existing lots that have not been subdivided (infills, demo/re-builds) are not accepted at this time. Visit surrey.ca/building to learn how to apply for demolition, infill and commercial permits.