Online Electrical Permit Applications
Apply and pay for select electrical permits online.
Before you begin using our Online Electrical Permit Portal, you must become a registered user.
- Homeowner applications are currently not available online.
How to Become a Registered User
To begin using the online permit portal, you must become a registered user. Electrical registered users are set up by email at email@example.com.
Please provide the following information in your email:
- TSBC Contractor Licence number (LEL0xxxxxx)
- TSBC registered business address
- Primary Field Safety Representative (FSR) name
- TSBC FSR Licence number (CEL#)
- FSR contact number
- Business Licence information (Surrey BL number or copy of your Intra-Municipal BL from your 'home city')
Note: In order to register, you must be a Licensed Electrical Contractor in good standing with Technical Safety BC. Applications are rejected and refunded if your TSBC is expired.
As a Registered User, you will receive emails from the Electrical Inspector for the following:
- Inspection results (approved or not approved, with a deficiency list)
- When the inspection is deferred to the next business day
Tips on Avoiding Delays
Make sure your Electrical Permit application:
- Has the correct address. Visit City of Surrey’s COSMOS mapping system to verify addressing.
- Is submitted after Building Permit issuance for new construction of Single Family Dwelling and Duplex Dwellings. Building Permits are mandatory, and fees are calculated as per City Bylaws.
- Includes a Building Permit number for Commercial, Industrial, Institutional, Multi-family, and Single Family Dwelling projects. This can be included in the “description” line.
- Has a very detailed scope of work. Ensure all areas of the application are filled in and checked off that apply to your project.
Your Business Licence (BL) must be active in order to receive an Electrical Permit. If your company is located within Surrey, a City of Surrey BL required. If your company is located within the Inter-Municipal Business Licence (IMBL) regional pool of Municipalities, an IMBL is required. If your company is outside of both, a City of Surrey BL is required.
Ensure your active Electrical Permits do not expire. Expiry dates can be viewed on the online portal. Expired Permits are given a “Tax Roll Notification” status and remain as this until the permit receives “Final Acceptance” or is cancelled by the electrical Contractor.
Scope and Value Changes
Personal Information is collected for the purpose of administering the City’s Electrical permit program. The City of Surrey is collecting personal information in accordance with section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Should you have any questions or concerns about the collection of your personal information please contact the Planning and Development Customer Service Supervisor, 13450 104 Ave, Surrey, BC, V3T 1V8 firstname.lastname@example.org.