Electrical Section Updates
Learn about current updates on forms, schedules, maps and procedures in the electrical section.
With the popularity of Electrical Vehicle (EV) charging, HVAC systems and any other installation that may affect the electrical load in an existing building (townhouse, condo or house), please ensure you visit the Electrical Section Bulletin & Forms page and contact email@example.com for instruction on Permit Application and submission requirements.
- Additional Electrical Loads for Existing Multi-Family and Commercial Buildings (under 750 volt)
- Demand Load Calculations - Residential
A new bulletin is available on requirements for Electric Vehicle Chargers for Multi-Family Residential Occupancies. Please visit the Electrical Section Bulletin & Forms page for the bulletin.
Effective May 19, 2021, The Demand Load Calculation for Single Family Dwellings that Contain a Secondary Suite has been revised. Please visit the Electrical Section Bulletin & Forms page for the updated Demand Load Calculation form.
- Where the secondary suite is located within the single family dwelling, the demand load calculation is based on section 8 Rule 200 as supported by the 2018 CEC.
- Where the secondary suite is located in a detached building, the demand load calculation is based on section 8 Rule 202 as supported by the 2018 CEC.
The following forms are in effect as of January 1, 2021:
- Electrical Contractor Permit Application form
- Homeowner Permit Application form
- Permit Amendment form
- Electrical Operating Permit Application form
- Electrical Entertainment Permit Application form
- 2021 Permit Fee Schedule
Find these forms and more on the Electrical Section Bulletin & Forms page.