Learn about and access the online portal for backflow preventer testing.

For testers:

  • Submit and pay for annual tests
  • Submit and pay replacements/repair tests
  • Retrieve test report records

For owners:

  • View property details and status
  • View backflow preventer device details and status

BSI will be unavailable starting October 16, 2023. The planned launch date for the new backflow preventer testing portal is October 24, 2023. Watch this page for updates.

The associated Customer Account number (CA#) located on notices sent to owner is required when submitting tests for specific properties.

    To start using the backflow preventer testing portal, you must first register.

    The following persons can sign up to become a registered user:

    • Certified Backflow Testers

    To register, contractors must provide the following and attach supporting documents:

    • Tester certification information (BCWWA)
    • Active City of Surrey Business Licence (or Inter-Municipal Business Licence)
    • Calibration report for all test kits to be used
    • Valid, unique email address for each tester. If you have multiple testers working for your company, each tester needs a unique email address to register

    Send this by email to CCCinfo@surrey.ca


    As a registered user, you will receive emails from the cross connection control group for the following:

    • Automated emails in relation to submission process
    • Periodic updates or communications related to City of Surrey cross connection program.

    Personal information is collected for the purpose of administering the City’s cross connection permit program. The City of Surrey is collecting personal information in accordance with section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Should you have any questions or concerns about the collection of your personal information please contact the Cross Connection Control team, 13450 104 Ave, Surrey, BC, V3T 1V8 cccinfo@surrey.ca.

      Adding new backflow preventers through the online plumbing portal is not currently available.

      The tester must submit the test report within 14 days of the date of the test to cccreports@surrey.ca.

      • Submissions must be legible and signed
      • You need a plumbing permit for all new or previously unregistered backflow preventers.
      • All fees, including test report fees, are due at the time of your permit application.
      • You can also submit a paper copy to Engineering Department – Water Section 13450 104 Avenue Surrey, BC V3T 1V8

      The test report form now includes a space for a plumbing permit number.  We will only accept reports with a valid permit number.

        • Confirm Customer Account Number (CA#) with your customer prior to attempting online submission. CA# must be provided by the customer/property owner, city will not provide this without express permission of customer/property owner.
        • There is no fee for submitting a failed test. Once a BFP is replaced or repaired the fee will apply to the passing test.