Backflow Preventer Testing Portal
Learn about and access the online portal for backflow preventer testing.
- Submit and pay for annual tests
- Submit and pay replacements/repair tests
- Retrieve test report records
- Follow the steps in the Tester Introduction Brochure
- View property details and status
- View backflow preventer device details and status
- Follow the steps in the Customer Introduction Brochure.
The associated Customer Account number (CA#) located on notices sent to owner is required when submitting tests for specific properties.
Become a registered tester
To start using the backflow preventer testing portal, you must first register.
The following persons can sign up to become a registered user:
- Certified Backflow Testers
To register, contractors must provide the following and attach supporting documents:
- Tester certification information (BCWWA)
- Active City of Surrey Business Licence (or Inter-Municipal Business Licence)
- Calibration report for all test kits to be used
- Valid, unique email address for each tester must be provided. (must be registered with MySurrey)
Send this by email to CCCinfo@surrey.ca.
As a registered user, you will receive emails from the cross connection control group for the following:
- Automated emails in relation to submission process
- Periodic updates or communications related to City of Surrey cross connection program.
Personal information is collected for the purpose of administering the City’s cross connection permit program. The City of Surrey is collecting personal information in accordance with section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Should you have any questions or concerns about the collection of your personal information please contact the Cross Connection Control team, 13450 104 Ave, Surrey, BC, V3T 1V8 email@example.com.
New or unregistered backflow preventers
Adding new backflow preventers through the backflow preventer testing portal is not currently available.
- Submissions must be legible and signed
- You need a plumbing permit for all new or previously unregistered backflow preventers.
- All fees, including test report fees, are due at the time of your permit application.
- You can also submit a paper copy to Engineering Department – Water Section 13450 104 Avenue Surrey, BC V3T 1V8
The test report form now includes a space for a plumbing permit number. We will only accept reports with a valid permit number.
Tips for the backflow preventer testing portal
- Confirm Customer Account Number (CA#) with your customer prior to attempting online submission. CA# must be provided by the customer/property owner, city will not provide this without express permission of customer/property owner.
- There is no fee for submitting a failed test. Once a BFP is replaced or repaired the fee will apply to the passing test.