Guildford Recreation Centre
Visit the pool, gym or weight room and be active in Guildford!
Program disruptions or functional closures of facilities may occur if the minimum number of staff required to operate safely are not available to work. Some popular drop-in activities require reservations. Your patience and understanding are appreciated.
Aquatic Facility Impacts
November 28 to December 3, 2023
November 28 to 30: Intermittent impacts to public swim lanes.
November 28 to December 3: All drop-in Aquafit classes cancelled.
December 1 to 3: Entire aquatic facility closed.
We are honoured to host the 2023 Ken Demchuk International Invitational meet, which brings together approximately 150 para swimmers from around the world and across the country. Learn more about the event.
How to Register
- Register online
- In person at any recreation facility
- Call 604-501-5100 Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm
Sign up for most drop-in activities 72 hours in advance
Join your favourite drop-in activity or find a new hobby! Seniors services, youth membership and pickleball drop-in activities are exempt. Please note: public skating and swimming do not require 72 hour early sign up. Payment can be made at the time of visiting recreation facilities.
Try Us Out!
Discounted 5, 10 and 20 swipe passes are available for purchase or buy an annual recreation pass for unlimited access.
All City of Surrey recreation facilities require patrons to present a Recreation Passcard before entering. The Recreation Passcard is free of charge and connects to your account. Learn about the benefits of having a Recreation Passcard.
Guildford Recreation Centre features accessible washrooms, over 20 accessible parking stalls, a hearing loop located in the upstairs multi-purpose room and an adult-sized change table in the aquatics changing room. The indoor track is accessible by elevator or by taking the stairs.
Our pool features the following:
- An 8-lane, 50m FINA-standard Olympic size competition pool
- A leisure pool with a lazy river, spray features, and a toddler area (with ramp access)
- Family friendly hot tub (with ramp access)
- Water slide and springboard diving
- Accessible steam room and dry sauna
- Large family friendly universal change area
- Spectator seating for 200-300 people for aquatic sport competitions
- Expanded fitness and weight room facilities
- Two aquatic wheelchairs and a portable lift with 300 lb. capacity
Guildford Recreation Centre has the following features:
- Leisure pool and hot tubs with ramp access
- Portable lift for the main pool with a 300lb lift capacity
- Two water wheelchairs
- Two accessible stalls in the universal change rooms with hand-held showers, benches
- Adult-sized change table in a dedicated change room – request the key for this change room from the lifeguard station
- Accessible stalls in the male and female change rooms
- Accessible sauna and steam rooms
- Limited access to water slide
There are three gymnasiums at this facility. Participants must be ages 13 and older for open gymnasium times, unless otherwise specified.
Our weight room is 8,900 square feet equipped with radio, TV and free Wi-Fi. We also offer:
- Over 50 pieces of cardio equipment including treadmills, ellipticals, bikes and rowing machines.
- Over 20 pieces of strength training equipment including a functional training unit, TRX suspension trainers, kettlebells & weight machines
- Dumbbells up to 95 pounds and barbells up to 110 pounds
- Raised stretching mat
- SportsArt Upper Body Ergometer (arm bike)
- Recumbent elliptical machine
- Progression fitness medicine balls (medicine balls with straps)
- 3 Dual Cable Cross machines
- Active Passive Trainer (APT machine)
- Concept 2 rower with WinTech adapted seat attachment
- Active Hands, weight-lifting hooks, loop resistance bands & wrist/ankle weights
- Many pieces of equipment are adjustable or can have the seat removed for wheelchair access
Our fitness studio has over 2,000 square feet space on a wood sprung floor. We also have:
- Yoga mats and blocks
- Stability and Bosu balls
- Step blocks
- Resistance bands and hand weights
Get your free Youth Services Membership (ages 10 to 18) at any recreation facility in Surrey to access drop-in activities and youth lounges where you can play games, make friends, use sports equipment and more!
Check out the youth drop-in schedule for more details about drop-in activities and times.
Stay connected and up to date with what’s happening in Surrey for youth. Subscribe to Surrey’s Youth eNewsletter to receive monthly updates.
We have two preschool classrooms at our facility. Childminding is also available for parents going to fitness classes, the weight room, pool or library.
Learn about our preschool programs for more information.
Guildford Recreation Centre offers various seniors activities to members throughout the week. Membership gives you access to seniors’ pricing on select programs and services. To become a member, learn more about Seniors' Membership & Passes.