Guildford Recreation Centre
Visit the pool and weight room and be active in Guildford!
Departments are currently formulating plans for the safe restarting of operations based on the province’s phased Restart Plan.
Mask wearing is recommended in indoor public spaces for all people 12+ years who are not fully vaccinated.
We appreciate the continued patience of our residents as we work towards restoring operations and look forward to welcoming you soon. Follow surrey.ca/covid19 for specific facility re-opening and safety protocol updates.
We're excited to welcome you back with a limited selection of low risk activities for all age groups. Activities offered may be scaled up or down based on demand and public safety and may be offered in different locations or at different times. We will evaluate our procedures and programs and modify as necessary.
The majority of drop-in activities no longer require reservations. The current reservation system will remain in place for all group fitness and some other activities.
Learn more about Coronavirus (COVID-19) information.
How to Register
- Register online
- Call 604-501-5100 Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm
The waterslide is now open with the following hours:
- Monday to Friday: 8am -11:30am and 3pm - 8pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 10am - 12pm and 3pm - 8pm
Indoor Walking Track
The indoor walking track is open for walking only, no running.
Drop in for a weight room session and use the indoor track
Limited capacity on the track at one time
Try Us Out!
Discounted 5, 10 and 20 swipe passes are available for purchase or buy an annual recreation pass for unlimited access.
All City of Surrey recreation facilities require patrons to present a Recreation Passcard before entering. The Recreation Passcard is free of charge and connects to your account. Learn about the benefits of having a Recreation Passcard.
Guildford Recreation Centre features accessible washrooms, over 20 accessible parking stalls, a hearing loop located in the upstairs multi-purpose room and an adult-sized change table in the aquatics changing room. The indoor track is accessible by elevator or by taking the stairs.
Our pool features the following:
- An 8-lane, 50m FINA-standard Olympic size competition pool
- A leisure pool with a lazy river, spray features, and a toddler area (with ramp access)
- Family friendly hot tub (with ramp access)
- Water slide and springboard diving
- Accessible steam room and dry sauna
- Large family friendly universal change area
- Spectator seating for 200-300 people for aquatic sport competitions
- Expanded fitness and weight room facilities
- Two aquatic wheelchairs and a portable lift with 300 lb. capacity
Guildford Recreation Centre has the following features:
- Leisure pool and hot tubs with ramp access
- Portable lift for the main pool with a 300lb lift capacity
- Two water wheelchairs
- Two accessible stalls in the universal change rooms with hand-held showers, benches
- Adult-sized change table in a dedicated change room – request the key for this change room from the lifeguard station
- Accessible stalls in the male and female change rooms
- Accessible sauna and steam rooms
- Limited access to water slide
There are three gymnasiums at this facility. Participants must be ages 13 and older for open gymnasium times, unless otherwise specified.
Our weight room is 8,900 square feet equipped with radio, TV and free Wi-Fi. We also offer:
- Over 50 pieces of cardio equipment including treadmills, ellipticals, bikes and rowing machines.
- Over 20 pieces of strength training equipment including a functional training unit, TRX suspension trainers, kettlebells & weight machines
- Dumbbells up to 95 pounds and barbells up to 110 pounds
- Raised stretching mat
- SportsArt Upper Body Ergometer (arm bike)
- Recumbent elliptical machine
- Progression fitness medicine balls (medicine balls with straps)
- 3 Dual Cable Cross machines
- Active Passive Trainer (APT machine)
- Concept 2 rower with WinTech adapted seat attachment
- Active Hands, weight-lifting hooks, loop resistance bands & wrist/ankle weights
- Many pieces of equipment are adjustable or can have the seat removed for wheelchair access
Our fitness studio has over 2,000 square feet space on a wood sprung floor. We also have:
- Yoga mats and blocks
- Stability and Bosu balls
- Step blocks
- Resistance bands and hand weights
We have two preschool classrooms at our facility.
Learn about our preschool programs for more information.
Guildford Recreation Centre offers various seniors activities to members throughout the week. Membership gives you access to seniors’ pricing on select programs and services. To become a member, learn more about Seniors' Membership & Passes.
Check out seniors drop in programs for daily activities in the Seniors Lounge and get connected with your community!
Seniors Lounge Hours
Monday to Friday: 9am to 4pm