Guildford Recreation Centre
Visit the weight room and recreate safely Guildford!
As part of our phased approach, most Parks, Recreation & Culture facilities have reopened. In light of the Provincial Health Order issued on November 7, 2020, group indoor physical activities will be suspended until further notice to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Masks are mandatory and must be worn in all City facilities, except when exercising. Follow surrey.ca/covid19 for specific facility re-opening and safety protocol updates.
We're excited to welcome you back with a limited selection of low risk activities for all age groups. Activities offered may be scaled up or down based on demand and public safety and may be in different locations to allow for adequate physical distancing. We will evaluate our procedures and programs and modify as necessary.
All activities must be pre-registered and will follow strict guidelines to ensure the health and safety of both patrons and staff.
Learn more about Coronavirus (COVID-19) information.
How to Register
- Register online
- Call 604-501-5100 Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm
Register now to book your time in the weight room. So that everyone may participate, we respectfully ask that patrons limit themselves to one activity per day. Please note: the indoor track and pool will be closed. The pool at this facility is anticipated to reopen at a later date.
If you plan to visit seven times or more in a month, reactivating your membership is the best value. Call 604-501-5100 Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm or email PRCcustomerservice@surrey.ca with your name, phone number and pass ID number and a customer service agent will confirm your reactivation within 48 hours.
Discounted 5, 10 and 20 swipe passes are available for purchase.
Guildford Recreation Centre features accessible washrooms, over 20 accessible parking stalls, a hearing loop located in the upstairs multi-purpose room and an adult-sized change table in the aquatics changing room. The indoor track is accessible by elevator or by taking the stairs.
Our pool features the following:
- An 8-lane, 50m FINA-standard Olympic size competition pool
- A leisure pool with a lazy river, spray features, and a toddler area (with ramp access)
- Family friendly hot tub (with ramp access)
- Water slide and springboard diving
- Accessible steam room and dry sauna
- Large family friendly universal change area
- Spectator seating for 200-300 people for aquatic sport competitions
- Expanded fitness and weight room facilities
- Two aquatic wheelchairs and a portable lift with 300 lb. capacity
Guildford Recreation Centre has the following features:
- Leisure pool and hot tubs with ramp access
- Portable lift for the main pool with a 300lb lift capacity
- Two water wheelchairs
- Two accessible stalls in the universal change rooms with hand-held showers, benches
- Adult-sized change table in a dedicated change room – request the key for this change room from the lifeguard station
- Accessible stalls in the male and female change rooms
- Accessible sauna and steam rooms
- Limited access to water slide
There are three gymnasiums at this facility. Participants must be ages 13 and older for open gymnasium times, unless otherwise specified.
Our weight room is 8,900 square feet equipped with radio, TV and free Wi-Fi. We also offer:
- Over 50 pieces of cardio equipment including treadmills, ellipticals, bikes and rowing machines.
- Over 20 pieces of strength training equipment including a functional training unit, TRX suspension trainers, kettlebells & weight machines
- Dumbbells up to 95 pounds and barbells up to 110 pounds
- Raised stretching mat
- SportsArt Upper Body Ergometer (arm bike)
- Recumbent elliptical machine
- Progression fitness medicine balls (medicine balls with straps)
- 3 Dual Cable Cross machines
- Active Passive Trainer (APT machine)
- Concept 2 rower with WinTech adapted seat attachment
- Active Hands, weight-lifting hooks, loop resistance bands & wrist/ankle weights
- Many pieces of equipment are adjustable or can have the seat removed for wheelchair access
Our fitness studio has over 2,000 square feet space on a wood sprung floor. We also have:
- Yoga mats and blocks
- Stability and Bosu balls
- Step blocks
- Resistance bands and hand weights
We have two preschool classrooms at our facility.
Learn about our preschool programs for more information.
Guildford Recreation Centre offers various seniors activities to members throughout the week. Membership gives you access to seniors’ pricing on select programs and services. To become a member, learn more about Seniors' Membership & Passes.
Check out seniors drop in programs for daily activities in the Seniors Lounge and get connected with your community!
Seniors Lounge Hours
Monday to Friday: 9am to 4pm