Imagine Scott Road Visioning Study
We’re creating a new vision for the future of Scott Road and 72 Avenue.
In April 2022, Council endorsed Corporate Report R071 authorizing staff to begin planning along the Scott Road Corridor. The first step is a Visioning Study.
The Visioning Study will:
- develop a long term vision;
- identify key objectives for Scott Road, 72 Avenue, and the surrounding neighbourhoods;
- outline where significant redevelopment may occur;
- identify key infrastructure and community projects;
- set development fees to fund community improvements; and,
- identify smaller areas that require focused neighbourhood plans.
The Imagine Scott Road Visioning Study Area is aligned with the future R6 RapidBus route along Scott Road and 72 Avenue.
Process & Timeline
Step 1: Initiating the Study
- Initiate study following Council authorization
- Begin background work including the Demographic and Housing Profile
Step 2: Developing a Vision
- Engage with the community
- Develop vision and growth priorities for the area
Step 3: Finalizing the Study
- Prepare study document
- Share with the community for feedback
- Bring forward to Council to endorse
Next Steps: Starting Detailed Planning
- Prioritize land use plans within study area
- Initiate first detailed land use plan within study area (3 year process) that includes land use designations, parks and transportation plans, and urban design guidelines.