Working at the Election
We are hiring election workers for the upcoming 2022 municipal election!
Thank you for your interest in working at the 2022 municipal election. All positions are filled and we are no longer taking applications.
Join the election team and take on the important task of working on election day (Saturday, October 15, 2022) and advance voting opportunities (October 5, 8, 9 and 12, 2022).
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Must apply online and successfully complete the online test
- Must successfully complete scheduled training sessions in September 2022 for your assigned role and work a 7-hour shift at an advance voting opportunity
- Attention to detail and strong customer services skills required
- Computer knowledge and ability are a requirement for most positions
- Fluency in English is required and other languages an asset
- Past election experience is an asset
Election workers must not be related to any candidate running for office and must not be actively working for any election campaign.
Presiding Election Official (PEO)
Maintain the integrity of the election process
- Coordinate setup of designated voting location
- Provide clear guidance and supervision throughout the day
Alternate Presiding Election Official (APEO)
- Provide assistance and backup to the Presiding Election Official
- Assist Presiding Election Official in setup of designated voting location
- Supervise other workers in the voting location
- Assist all voters in a pleasant, polite and friendly manner for a positive voter experience
- Perform voter strike off, make changes to existing registrations and register new voters on a live database
- At the close of the poll, accurately balance and complete a ballot account form
- Provide a positive voter experience
- Greet voters as they enter the voting place in a friendly manner and promptly direct them as required
- Track traffic flow concerns and notify the Presiding Election Official
- Instruct voters how to insert ballot into vote counting machine
- Assist with cleanup at the close of the poll and secure all election materials
Mail Ballot Election Official
- Process requests for mail ballot
- Assemble and process mail ballot packages
- Perform voter strike off, update voter information and register new voters on a live database