Healthier Communities Partnership
Learn how to help the Healthy Communities Partnership make Surrey's communities healthier.
The Surrey Healthier Community Partnership (HCP) is a partnership between the City of Surrey and the Fraser Health Authority to provide a health equity approach to building a healthier community. It acts as a catalyst to engage participants, encourage collaboration, and share resources through the creation of partnerships to address the Social Determinants of Health. Together we can take action to address the health needs of our population to ensure a healthy and vibrant community.
The goals of this partnership are to:
- support and encourage cross-sectoral collaboration amongst community stakeholders
- identify and educate the health needs of Surrey’s communities
- adopt a health equity and social determinants of health framework
- City of Surrey
- Fraser Health
- Surrey School District #36
- Surrey RCMP
- Surrey Libraries
- Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Surrey-North Delta Division of Family Practice
- Simon Fraser University
- The Centre for Child Development
- Surrey Food Bank
- Phoenix Society
- Lookout Society
2017: Development of a Live 5-2-1-0 Community of Practice (CoP) for community stakeholders to promote the Live 5-2-1-0 message among children ages 5-12. This CoP has provided support for:
- The introduction of 13 Live 5-2-1-0 playboxes in Surrey parks
- The development of Live 5-2-1-0 marketing and promotional materials
- The creation of a Youth Ambassador Program for secondary and elementary school students in collaboration with Kwantlen Polytechnic University
2016-2017: Responding with Respect Workshops provided for 70 front-line staff from the City of Surrey, Fraser Health and Surrey community organizations.
2016: Surrey Child and Youth Mental Health and Wellness Forum held to provide information for 120 participants on mental wellness for children and youth.
2013: Implementation of a smoke-free bylaw at Surrey Memorial Hospital and Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre.
City of Surrey, Healthy Communities Manager
Fraser Health, Surrey Community Health Specialist