The Finance Committee discusses the City's operating and capital budgets, and City grants.
The next Finance Committee meeting will be held on November 30, 2020 at 2:00 pm. Watch the livestream of the meeting and learn how you can participate.
The Finance Committee discusses the operating and capital budgets for the city, and considers and makes recommendations to Council on city grants.
Find the Committee's policy on municipal grants, guidelines for grant priorities and learn more about the Committee's function in the Finance Committee Terms of Reference.
For information about the current financial plans please refer to the Financial Documents page.
Learn more about the Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel.
Contact the Finance Committee through the City Clerk's Office at 604-591-4132 or email@example.com.
2020 Finance Committee Meeting
The Finance Committee meeting will be held at virtually on Monday, November 30, 2020 at 2:00 pm. The meeting will be live-streamed on the City’s website. To participate in the Finance Committee meeting, please review the options below.
Notice of Five Year Financial Plan
Reports to be considered:
F001: 2021 Five-Year (2021-2025) Financial Plan – General Operating
F002: 2021 Five-Year (2021-2025) Financial Plan – Capital Program
F003: 2021 Five-Year (2021-2025) Financial Plan – Utilities and Other Self-Funded Programs
Attending and Participating at the Finance Committee Meeting
The Provincial Health Officer issues orders related to gatherings and events in the province of BC. As such, the Finance Committee meeting will be held virtually and will be live-streamed on our website.
You may participate in the Finance Committee meeting in one of the following ways:
- Submit written comments to Finance Committee:
You can provide your submission by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Finance Committee, 13450 - 104 Avenue, Surrey, BC, V3T 1V8. The deadline to receive submissions is by 12:00 p.m. on Friday, November 27, 2020.
- Register to speak via telephone:
Registration will be open from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm on Monday, November 30, 2020. The submission form will only be available below during this time. Once you register, you will be sent an email with further instructions. Starting at 1:45 p.m., City staff will contact you to add you to the queue of speakers.
Please note the following instructions when you call in:
- Your comments must be relevant to the Financial Plan.
- The Chair of the Finance Committee will set out the procedures for the meeting.
- Turn off all audio of the meeting. There is a 1-minute delay in the live stream so please listen to the cues given over the phone
- Do not put your phone on speaker phone
- Once you make your comments to Finance Committee, the call will end abruptly so that the next speaker can join the meeting.
- You will be put on a hold in a queue for the respective item, and you will be connected as soon as possible
The registration form will appear below on November 30, 2020. Registration will be open from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm.